• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 365 future

Status
Not open for further replies.

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
First unit, 365523, working from Haymarket to Allerton on Sunday 6th for use on Northern to cover in May when 331s are not available for the new timetable.

Unit runs as 5Z55.

Liverpool - Manchester - Airport - Crewe runs appear to be the candidates for the units.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
How many in total? And how long is the training? I assume a simple conversion course for EMU-competent drivers.

How will Allerton maintain these when Shields couldn't and gave up?

It'll be good to see these in Northern-land as the 319s I've recently been on have been knackered.

Were the 331s going to replace the 319s in the short term, or add extra capacity/replace Pacers?

Seeing 319s and 365s side by side in Manchester will be surreal!

scotraildriver

Established Member
I smell an April fool. 523 is currently at Shields, not Haymarket and is missing lots of parts. And as Haymarket depot isn't electrified it would have a job starring from there.

Darandio

Established Member
I smell an April fool. 523 is currently at Shields, not Haymarket and is missing lots of parts. And as Haymarket depot isn't electrified it would have a job starring from there.

Bit late to be chucking April fools around!

DanNCL

Established Member
First unit, 365523, working from Haymarket to Allerton on Sunday 6th for use on Northern to cover in May when 331s are not available for the new timetable.

Unit runs as 5Z55.

Liverpool - Manchester - Airport - Crewe runs appear to be the candidates for the units.
Source please? This looks like an April fool to me...

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Source is, at the very least, a very authentic looking sheet of paper with full times, diagram numbers and such. Even if not 365523, it could be another.

The times begin at Haymarket station not from Haymarket Depot so one assumes it could be the case that it is being delivered to Platform 0 by ScotRail then being picked up thereafter by the FOC.

scotraildriver

Established Member
Hopefully then. I really liked them. Shame if they went to waste. They became unreliable here at Scotrail I suspect because it was a 2 day job just to get the units to and from Shields depot, meaning things weren't getting fixed as quickly as they should and fitters were dealing with faults away from the depot without proper equipment.

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Hopefully then. I really liked them. Shame if they went to waste. They became unreliable here at Scotrail I suspect because it was a 2 day job just to get the units to and from Shields depot, meaning things weren't getting fixed as quickly as they should and fitters were dealing with faults away from the depot without proper equipment.

That’s definitely true.

If they ended up at Slade Green with all of the right parts and expertise one has to assume they would be vastly more reliable. Micro fleets don’t work - we know that!

jonesy3001

Established Member

Unit runs as 5Z55.

do you mean the sunday the 7th april or the sunday 5th may and is there a link for the journey on RTT?

Last edited:

td97

Established Member

Unit runs as 5Z55.

Did you ever get any clarification/further details on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.