• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 365 scrap movements + preservation discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David Goddard

Established Member
Used to like how the announcements on the 365s would say something like:
This train is for Kings Lynn......via Cambridge.

Like there is another way to get there!

Love the 365s, have done many a trip on them from Ely and Huntingdon to London and they are great units.
Really hope they can find further work.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Used to like how the announcements on the 365s would say something like:
This train is for Kings Lynn......via Cambridge.

Like there is another way to get there!
I imagine this was less likely to have been to tell King’s Lynn passengers the route the train was taking to King’s Lynn, and more to reassure passengers who wanted to get to Cambridge (and didn’t have a clue where the small town of King’s Lynn was - who could blame them) that the train was going there too! :lol:

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
This train is for bLondon Kings Cross :D

365 Networker

Staying on the topic of the original PIS, I thought I would share a clip of the original WAGN welcome aboard message, which I recorded just before the system was replaced. I think I might have shared this before, but some people may not have heard it.
View attachment WAGN PBO KGX.mp3

jon0844

Veteran Member
Staying on the topic of the original PIS, I thought I would share a clip of the original WAGN welcome aboard message, which I recorded just before the system was replaced. I think I might have shared this before, but some people may not have heard it.
View attachment 96589

I think the 'bLondon' bit was actually 'dLondon King's Cross' with the standalone station name being cut from the 'and London King's Cross' bit.

365 Networker

I think the 'bLondon' bit was actually 'dLondon King's Cross' with the standalone station name being cut from the 'and London King's Cross' bit.
That would probably make sense, considering the rest of the station names that are used in 'The Next Station is' announcements came from the welcome message.

365 Networker

Very evocative. Anyone got any more recordings?
I just found this in my bookmarks:-

It’s the announcement for Cambridge to Kings Cross. I remember it was posted on the forum, but I can’t remember who it was. It’s much clearer than my recording.

I also remember a website which had the announcement from Cambridge to Kings Lynn, allthough I haven’t been able to find that site - perhaps someone can remember what it is called. It had all sorts of PIS recordings from quite a few different trains.

philjo

Established Member
The original PIS also lasted for 20-odd years. Quite remarkable really. The announcements were short, concise and informative, just what's needed. Some of the 'extra' announcements were a bit patronising like the one advising passengers how to operate the doors, advising that there is a payphone on the train available for public use etc.
I think one went something like this..
“This is a special announcement to assist passengers when boarding and alighting from the train”. (Then it proceeded to tell you how the open the doors)

One of the GN drivers used to play that one fairly regularly.

Class315

365502 & 504 moved from Hornsey EMUD to Hertford North Carriage sidings yesterday afternoon as 5B63, the units are stabled on 1 road.

St. Paddy

365502 & 504 moved from Hornsey EMUD to Hertford North Carriage sidings yesterday afternoon as 5B63, the units are stabled on 1 road.
I remember when they left some off lease 313s down there. Totally covered by the local graffiti gang. In other news, the security staff were recently removed from Hertford sidings!

Class315

Another 365 has moved as 5B65 16+28 Hornsey EMUD to Hertford North Carriage sidings yesterday afternoon, 365510 did the honours & is stabled on 4 road at Hertford Carriage Sidings.

ashkeba

Established Member
I remember when they left some off lease 313s down there. Totally covered by the local graffiti gang. In other news, the security staff were recently removed from Hertford sidings!
Were the security staff doing the graffiti? ;)

365 Networker

There are actually a few DVDs available which show the 365s with their original fronts and also when they were with Connex.
Available from Videoscene:-

I own them myself and can thoroughly recommend them.
I would very much like to see that leaflet if you can find it!
I've just found some videos on youtube containing footage of the 365s before their air con upgrade:-
Skip to 1:54
Skip to 1:11
Skip to 1:12
skip to 38:03

365 Networker

It looks like 365525 which is currently at Longsight, has now had ETCS fitted - there is a sticker on the right hand buffer relating to it.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
It looks like 365525 which is currently at Longsight, has now had ETCS fitted - there is a sticker on the right hand buffer relating to it.
Is the left hand sticker “RHM” indicating a similar mod to that on the GWR 165/166s for gauge clearance purposes? I guess if this is to be another ETCS test unit it might roam further than it’s normal area…

Status
Not open for further replies.