• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 365 scrap movements + preservation discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Until we hear from official sources (that's press releases from the ROSCOs and TOCs!), the 365s are being withdrawn permanently, the 377/5s are staying with Southeastern, and the 707s are supplementing, not replacing, the Networkers.
The video in post 105 very much was an official source about the last point regarding Networker replacement.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave91131

I shall certainly be attempting to get on the evening run if possible, though it's tricky for me at the minute.

I'm certainly up for some windows-open action in the front car! :)

+1.

More than a few times I have boarded the front coach at KGX, opened all 10 windows in the main section of the coach and sat at the rear of that section to enjoy the breeze and numerous horn blasts at tunnel entries and exits.

Particularly enjoyable on non-stop runs to Biggleswade or, years ago, St. Neots.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I shall certainly be attempting to get on the evening run if possible, though it's tricky for me at the minute.

I'm certainly up for some windows-open action in the front car! :)
It's always nice to have a windows open ride on the down fast :D

Good thing about the 18:05 is that it doesn't call at Finsbury Park and is fast line all the way to Stevenage platform 3.

I will aim to be on the 18:05 assuming that 14th May is the final day, I might even do the whole run to Peterborough.

bramling

Veteran Member
It is sad to see the 365s go, but I can't say I'm shocked. I am disappointed they're going before the Southern 313s and 455s and the ScotRail 318s, but quite frankly they're not as good as new trains, and it's not like companies are going to replace old trains with slightly less old trains. The 377/5 rumour, rather like the 707s replacing 376s rumour, is a load of rubbish and won't be happening. Until we hear from official sources (that's press releases from the ROSCOs and TOCs!), the 365s are being withdrawn permanently, the 377/5s are staying with Southeastern, and the 707s are supplementing, not replacing, the Networkers.

It does seem remiss to be replacing the 365s when there's stuff like the two DC fleets. It does seem like the 365s are falling victim partly because of their unusual ownership arrangements.

In performance terms the 365s are absolutely fine - decent performance and reliability, decent passenger ambience (especially for the services they're used on).

It's always nice to have a windows open ride on the down fast :D

Good thing about the 18:05 is that it doesn't call at Finsbury Park and is fast line all the way to Stevenage platform 3.

I will aim to be on the 18:05 assuming that 14th May is the final day, I might even do the whole run to Peterborough.

I shall have to try and make it. I was pleased to manage to fit in virtually the last GN 313 trip. Unfortunately I couldn't make the very last one, but managed the last Moorgate to Welwyn run.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Just a gentle reminder to stick to 365s in this thread, thanks :)

The forum has plenty of spare capacity to discuss any other topics! :D

Bayum

Established Member
Going OT - so happy for Mods to split as they see fit.

But it's the TOC that's gone for the Aventras, so it's not a case of diverting away from SWR.

South Eastern have 25 377s which as you say would correctly cover the Southern 313s.

There are 36 class 458s about to become free when SWR gets their 701s. In 5 car formations as well - so could easily go to either Southern or South-Eastern. And they're newer again, in better condition than the 365s and are certified without issue.
This comment aged well!

adc82140

Established Member
Is there any significance that these are the last two odd numbered units that GN still had, or just coincidence?

Southern Dvr

It is sad to see the 365s go, but I can't say I'm shocked. I am disappointed they're going before the Southern 313s and 455s and the ScotRail 318s, but quite frankly they're not as good as new trains, and it's not like companies are going to replace old trains with slightly less old trains.

COUGH: Class 769

ashkeba

Established Member
They're the train we'll never have enough of.
Indeed: turbostars were built too short and so usually have not enough seats! I assume the 365 trailers are incompatible so cannot be used to lengthen.

On Moderation
Indeed: turbostars were built too short and so usually have not enough seats! I assume the 365 trailers are incompatible so cannot be used to lengthen.
The word trailer is key on this, quite apart from anything else. Adding an unpowered vehicle to a DMU that is already pretty gutless wouldn’t work well.

Roast Veg

Established Member
The word trailer is key on this, quite apart from anything else. Adding an unpowered vehicle to a DMU that is already pretty gutless wouldn’t work well.
Unless you improve the drivetrain on it as per the 165/465 hydrive project. There's presumably still no word on a project like that for these, as that project was an Angel trains incentive.

wheelflat

Anyone know what the current diagrams for 365s are? And will it change between now and the end of April? Apologies if it's already been covered in this thread.

Established Member
Sunday diagrams have been posted in this thread. If you want details of the weekday diagrams they're here. I don't believe they're planned to change now until withdrawal in May.
The diagrams change after 25th April when the Kings Cross works move into their next phase (i.e. platforms 7 to 11 shut and 0 to 6 open), the weekday workings are the same Peterborough peak services as now but retimed by a few minutes to reflect different LNER paths to/from Kings Cross, and they will have less work on Sundays.

Dave91131

Noticed a rake of 365's just north of Peterborough station whilst starting work this morning, RTT suggests they were working 5E11 0835 Peterborough Nene Sidings to Hornsey Depot.

Does anybody know which units they were, and if they are next for de-branding / handback etc?

Thanks.

Buffer_mutt

Noticed a rake of 365's just north of Peterborough station whilst starting work this morning, RTT suggests they were working 5E11 0835 Peterborough Nene Sidings to Hornsey Depot.

Does anybody know which units they were, and if they are next for de-branding / handback etc?

Thanks.
Those were 528 and 512.
I believe both units were already externally debranded but weren't internally. No idea if they will work their way back to nene at any point.

221101 Voyager

Established Member

3973EXL

Established Member
Thanks for this.

Do any members know the identity of the 365 unit that left Hornsey today behind 37800 on its way to Ely Papworth Sidings?

Realtime Trains - 534X 1134 Hornsey E.M.U.D. to Ely Mlf Papworth Sidings

I managed to get a photo of the train between Brookmans Park and Welham Green but was too far away to id the unit.

Many thx.
Details are all in the post above yours.

The post date is Monday but the system will merge consecutive posts by the same person.

Status
Not open for further replies.