• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 365s to Scotrail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class465fan

Apparently ten 365s are to be sent up north as the 385s have another issues leading them to entering r service later this year. Is this all true or complete nonsense?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D365

Veteran Member
Apparently ten 365s are to be sent up north as the 385s have another issues leading them to entering r service later this year. Is this all true or complete nonsense?

Until I hear a definitive source I would give it the benefit of the doubt. Why only ten, if they're putting in all the work of route-clearing the 365s?

hexagon789

Veteran Member

If that is indeed the case, 10 doesn't seem enough to me

Failed Unit

Established Member
If that is indeed the case, 10 doesn't seem enough to me

You need 8 diagrams to run the off peak Edinburgh to Glasgow route. If the 365s cover 4 maybe the have enough for the other 4. Anyway. That will be i believe it when I see it. Makes sense as any train is better than non. Stranger things have happened. 180s to northern springs to mind and it was true...

Kite159

Veteran Member
The 365s are probably a good fit for the Edinburgh - Glasgow services, a decent interior and decent acceleration.

Imagine the uproar from the Falkirk commuters if they got offered 319s!

SC318250

Another rumour is that the 365 are to cover the Newton/Neilston/Cathcart services

If this the case then potentially the 314 could be moved to Lanark/Paisley Canal services with 318//320 covering Inverclyde and the 4 x 321 that were to be converted to 320/4 could go to North Berwick, until 385 are introduced.
314 maybe an issue with the fact 75mph compared to 90mph 318/320

hexagon789

Veteran Member
You need 8 diagrams to run the off peak Edinburgh to Glasgow route. If the 365s cover 4 maybe the have enough for the other 4. Anyway. That will be i believe it when I see it. Makes sense as any train is better than non. Stranger things have happened. 180s to northern springs to mind and it was true...

True, HSTs to ScotRail came as a surprise to many. It seems that ScotRail are going to try to introduce 365s on E-G services from the December timetable change if possible.

Class 170101

Established Member
Class 365s would be better for North Berwicks as they are good at keeping ahead of ECML HST and Class 91 services at its southern end and are already proven in that respect.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Class 365s would be better for North Berwicks as they are good at keeping ahead of ECML HST and Class 91 services at its southern end and are already proven in that respect.

And then shift the 380s from those services and perhaps the Dunbars onto the E-G shuttle?

Southsider

A report on the GTR 365 storage thread that one will be heading to Scotrail. Hopefully this will happen in the near future for testing purposes prior to a larger number arriving. I'd like to see ScotRail PR get their retaliation in first - stopgap measure, faster, longer, greener, electric, etc. before the "London cast-offs" boo boys get in.

Stopper

And then shift the 380s from those services and perhaps the Dunbars onto the E-G shuttle?

I’d think so. Although it probably reduces capacity on those lines in peak times as they would be running with 4-cars only.

There are 6-car 380 diagrams on the North Berwick’s and Dunbar’s during the daytime, pretty ridiculous. I’m surprised some of these haven’t been drafted onto the E-G already.

mic505

If the 365's are cascaded onto E-G route via Falkirk will they displace the 2 x 7-car 380's back onto the Gourock route, displacing the nasty 314's ("Please can you get rid of the 314's from the Gourock route. Nobody likes them. We don't even have like-for-like
trains like the 318's or 320")? Lol.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
A report on the GTR 365 storage thread that one will be heading to Scotrail. Hopefully this will happen in the near future for testing purposes prior to a larger number arriving. I'd like to see ScotRail PR get their retaliation in first - stopgap measure, faster, longer, greener, electric, etc. before the "London cast-offs" boo boys get in.
It was hardly a report - it was posted with no source to back it up whatsoever. :)

Southsider

It was hardly a report - it was posted with no source to back it up whatsoever. :)
My first thought too but the poster’s previous contributions suggest he is reasonably well informed. Perhaps I’m just getting desperate to see some progress!!

Fleetwood Boy

If the 365's are cascaded onto E-G route via Falkirk will they displace the 2 x 7-car 380's back onto the Gourock route, displacing the nasty 314's ("Please can you get rid of the 314's from the Gourock route. Nobody likes them. We don't even have like-for-like
trains like the 318's or 320")? Lol.
There's nothing nasty about a 314 - I'd prefer them to a 318 or 320 any day.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
I’d think so. Although it probably reduces capacity on those lines in peak times as they would be running with 4-cars only.

There are 6-car 380 diagrams on the North Berwick’s and Dunbar’s during the daytime, pretty ridiculous. I’m surprised some of these haven’t been drafted onto the E-G already.

Never seen the 4-cars full, particularly on the Dunbars. I think running four-car 365s on the North Berwick/Dunbars would be a good idea as it would enable more/most Edinburgh to Glasgow services to become 6 or 7-car in addition to providing a sensible use for the off-lease 365s!

scotraildriver

Established Member
There has been an internal announcement today regarding the transfer of one class 365 for evaluation.
Indeed there has and no doubt Alastair Dalton at the Scotsman will print this and claim an "exclusive!" I'd be very careful about revealing the details of the memo.

Status
Not open for further replies.