• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 365s to Scotrail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ScotRail has posted a video of the 365s in action.

https://twitter.com/ScotRail/status/1010821083925221376

1f600.png
Spotted the Happy Train yet? Our first Class 365 trains entered service last night on the Edinburgh - Glasgow via Falkirk route. When the roll-out is complete, seven of eight trains per hour on the route will be electric, and we'll provide an extra 17,200 seats per day.

InOban

Established Member
I don't think that they have received all ten trains yet, let alone carried out the necessary mods. They will be keen to eliminate shortformed trains.

The_Engineer

I don't think that they have received all ten trains yet, let alone carried out the necessary mods. They will be keen to eliminate shortformed trains.
I believe that all eight received so far are modified for passenger service now. The target is three out of the four trains per hour to be electric by July (365/380/385), with one per hour remaining Class 170, all as eight-car workings.

Southsider

I believe that all eight received so far are modified for passenger service now. The target is three out of the four trains per hour to be electric by July (365/380/385), with one per hour remaining Class 170, all as eight-car workings.
I don’t think they’ll all be 8 car. Queen street can’t accommodate 8 x 23 metre yet so only the 365s which are 20 metre.

gsnedders

Established Member
And the 170s as six car?

Chuggington21

I don’t think they’ll all be 8 car. Queen street can’t accommodate 8 x 23 metre yet so only the 365s which are 20 metre.

Yes it can

2 units are required for driver training

Chuggington21

Not sure i understand what you mean. Platform 7 can hold 8 coaches therefore 8 coaches can go in. 365 are booked to run in multiple maybe not all the time but from tomorrow you will see 8 cars

Kite159

Veteran Member
And in case anybody was wondering about the PIS, it was manual announcements last night (at least from Linlithgow towards Edinburgh) :)

Most likely come tomorrow some of the commuters will be complaining about the lack of WiFi/Plug Sockets/AC.

gsnedders

Established Member
Not sure i understand what you mean. Platform 7 can hold 8 coaches therefore 8 coaches can go in. 365 are booked to run in multiple maybe not all the time but from tomorrow you will see 8 cars
I mean "these trains have to use platform 7, so we need to make sure nothing else goes in platform 7 when a 380/385 may need it" may be considered too restrictive to be workable. Given the plan is to use 7-car 385s until the platforms are extended, I presume this is the cause.

Sirius

I’m sure I read the intention was for the 365s to always run as 8 carriages, which as pointed out is shorter than a 7 carriage 380.

I think it’ll be a while before we see 8 carriage 385s around.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Did they have wifi when they were down south?

365s are getting Wi-Fi fitted this year, but it has been delayed until the autumn from an original summer date. Not sure if this is by GTR for its remaining 365s or from the ROSCO, in which case the Scotrail ones may get it too?

No power sockets coming though (and the plans for air-conditioning were sadly kicked to the kerb some years ago, presumably on cost grounds).

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Did they have wifi when they were down south?

Nope. No Wifi, plug stockets, air con or CCTV on board.

But they are the best trains we've got on GN and we'd gladly have them back down here.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
I mean "these trains have to use platform 7, so we need to make sure nothing else goes in platform 7 when a 380/385 may need it" may be considered too restrictive to be workable. Given the plan is to use 7-car 385s until the platforms are extended, I presume this is the cause.
Also if a set sits down in platform 7 or one of the points fails and it is inaccessible, one or more trains full of passengers are already on the way with nowhere to go.

kilonewton

First trip on one this morning, 0805 ex Linlithgow to Queen Street.
Apart from the bloke closest to door taking a second longer than normal to locate the open button, all quite smooth and unremarkable. (Although I do get the irony of that!)
Minor quibble is the lack of armrests.

XCTurbostar

Established Member
Interesting to see that theyve kept the name of 365537 especially when the name isnt even about scotland!

scotraildriver

Established Member
Maybe it's just the unusually (for Scotland) hot weather but the toilets on these are decidedly whiffy! Glad the windows open!

387star

On Moderation
They are lovely trains

In good condition too though the internal doors are temperamental

Think the slanted seat backs make a fair difference to comfort and the carpeted walls look smart

Status
Not open for further replies.