• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 37 push/pull

Status
Not open for further replies.

raetiamann

On Twitter this morning there is a video of a 37/6 pushing a NR train from Eastleigh to Derby RTC. Are all 37/6 fitted for push/pull work and are any other 37s so fitted?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

On Twitter this morning there is a video of a 37/6 pushing a NR train from Eastleigh to Derby RTC. Are all 37/6 fitted for push/pull work and are any other 37s so fitted?
I think the driving trailers are fitted with blue star multiple working (or whatever is the more modern version) so the loco will just think it's being driven from another loco in multiple with it.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
I think the driving trailers are fitted with blue star multiple working (or whatever is the more modern version) so the loco will just think it's being driven from another loco in multiple with it.

I believe the DRS Mk2f DBSO were set up the same way when used in Cumbria, using the Blue Star multiple working rather than FDM or TDM push-pull systems.

themiller

On the Cumbrian Coast services that used 37s, they were generally 37/4s because of the requirement for train heating although when the trains were top and tailed one of the locos was occasionally from another sub- class. NR test trains may not be constrained by this as (I believe) the train has its own generation capability in one of the coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.