• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 375/377 subclasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomicdanny

Apparently they were originally ordered for the Domestic CTRL ?, at least one of the random things that I've heard but obviously they weren't used for that.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
Various reasons have been said; domestic CTRL, Thameslink etc

Jedipickles

OK that figures, thanks! Any ideas about the other two parts of my post?

375601 did run under AC at the Old Derby Test Track when it was first built, other than that, no other 375/6 has moved using AC

All 375/6's can raise and use their panto's any time they like as it's regularly inspected and repaired as it's part of the train, it's treated like a component which is used in normal service which is most unlike Southeastern!

And dont quote me on this but i heard rumours that 375624 has a ex-395 panto but i could be wrong on that as it looks just like the others

MCR247

Established Member
I don't know, you'd have to ask someone who knows more about them technically. I do wonder if theyve been tested and maintained as part of routine maintenance or if theyve just just been ignored? I'd expect the latter?

Status
Not open for further replies.