• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 377/5 Southeastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D365

Veteran Member
No chance, the Abellio West Midlands franchise is bringing in new rolling stock.

ScotGG

Established Member
Give them to SE! I think that's the liklihood but a shame its taken so long. This weeks coming London Bridge closure will mean services that do run will be packed but many 12-car services aren't possible as SE use 376s and Networkers without SDO.

wls1

Leaves more questions when c2c are due 9x 4 car trains in 2019 and as far as I'm aware nothing has been ordered, which could suggest they'll have to be older trains?

physics34

Established Member
Give them to SE! I think that's the liklihood but a shame its taken so long. This weeks coming London Bridge closure will mean services that do run will be packed but many 12-car services aren't possible as SE use 376s and Networkers without SDO.

Some rumours floating around that they may get 3 more. Still got that issue of space in southeastern land though.

ScotGG

Established Member
Some rumours floating around that they may get 3 more. Still got that issue of space in southeastern land though.

Just 3?!

It's only £2 million for 20 according to Gibb Report. Stabling half that number can be accommodated at Victoria

physics34

Established Member
Just 3?!

It's only £2 million for 20 according to Gibb Report. Stabling half that number can be accommodated at Victoria

Thats still 2mil that no one wants to splash out...although something might happen when the franchise gets renewed... and the gibb recommends giving them 20 of southerns /1s with southern keeping the /5 for MKs.

Mikey C

Established Member
Thats still 2mil that no one wants to splash out...although something might happen when the franchise gets renewed... and the gibb recommends giving them 20 of southerns /1s with southern keeping the /5 for MKs.

About time the Kent MPs got their collective a*ses in gear to demand the money is spent.

Class 466

Established Member
Following on from 377501- 508s transfer in December, the rest of the Ex-Thameslink 377/5s will join them over the next few weeks.

377511 & 518 will tonight transfer from Selhurst Depot to Victoria Grosvenor Shed with another two to follow tomorrow.

Primary usage will be on the Maidstone East line to displace 465s. Maintenance will continue at Selhurst as at present.

(Created new thread as the other is now closed and less specific)

SF-02

How many is that in total?

And the same number of Networker services strengthened?

Roast Veg

Established Member
11 units total: 377513-23

What's the current status of the other 377/5?

Last edited:

Roast Veg

Established Member
Just noticed that 377511 was included, so the total is actually 12 units.

Last edited:

physics34

Established Member
Following on from 377501- 508s transfer in December, the rest of the Ex-Thameslink 377/5s will join them over the next few weeks.

377511 & 518 will tonight transfer from Selhurst Depot to Victoria Grosvenor Shed with another two to follow tomorrow.

Primary usage will be on the Maidstone East line to displace 465s. Maintenance will continue at Selhurst as at present.

(Created new thread as the other is now closed and less specific)

thats a shame :( Should be used to replace the 313s.

SF-02

Are the 313 served areas seeing as high population growth as SE London?

387star

On Moderation
Thought there wasn't enough storage space
Will.they be used on doo only routes
Will they lose their southern interiors. .not a priority I know but southeastern favour lino not carpet in the vestibules for instance ??????
Hopefully the 3+2 can be altered to a more suitable arrangement

The layout should be scrapped creates Congestion and the seats look tatty from luggage hitting the metal sides

Roast Veg

Established Member
None of the 377/5 currently used have had the interiors redone to my knowledge, only the exteriors (which are in full new SE livery except with the SE Blue replaced by FCC purple).

Also as an aside I'm pretty sure the 313s need replacing with 3 or 6 car stock of a similar length. Only an internal cascade of almost all the 377/3s would achieve that, and they're in high demand on suburban London services at present.

physics34

Established Member
Thought there wasn't enough storage space
Will.they be used on doo only routes
Will they lose their southern interiors. .not a priority I know but southeastern favour lino not carpet in the vestibules for instance ��
Hopefully the 3+2 can be altered to a more suitable arrangement

The layout should be scrapped creates Congestion and the seats look tatty from luggage hitting the metal sides

i doubt they will lose their southern interiors as they will still be leased by Southern (sub-leased to Southeastern).

Wholly agree with the 3+2 seating being changed but i doubt thatll happen either.

Class 466

Established Member
Another two should come over tonight, will most likely be 377509/521. Entry into service should be around the 11th September with 2 am peak departures From Ashford increasing from a 4 car 465 to 8 377

Last edited:

physics34

Established Member
Another two should come over tonight, will most likely be 377509/521. Entry into service should be around the 11th September with 2 am peak departures From Ashford increasing from a 4 car 465 to 8 377

getting the same vinyl treatment?

387star

On Moderation
How do they get to selhurst is that southern drivers taking them.there

samuelmorris

Established Member
I'm a little out of touch here - have the long-discussed storage issues that prevented these units being used earlier finally been resolved?

Status
Not open for further replies.