• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 379 to Stratford - Sundays only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherJ

I've noticed on a couple of occasions that on Sundays only the Stansted Airport - Stratford service is operated by class 379 EMUs. I travelled on the 17:00 Tottenham Hale - Stratford tonight and it was indeed an Electrostar. Weekdays and Saturday the service is always a 317 EMU.

Although 379s are regular through Stratford as ECS to Ilford depot and Orient Way CS, it is unregular to see them in service here - are they the booked stock on a Sunday?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jopsuk

Veteran Member
There's no Stratford-Stansted service at all I though? Weekdays/Staurday it terminates at Stortford, Sundays (as said) they run through to Cambridge in place of the usual Liverpool Street "slow"

Class377/5

Established Member
How many 379 serve Stratford on a Saturday! Would like to do that one day.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
On a Staurday? I'd assume none, as the trains only go to Bishops Strotford. unless there's something odd on, as far as I'm aware at weekends all Cambridge Greater anglia trains should be 379s- on Saturday all the Cambridge services go to Liverpool Street. On Sundays, the "slow" Cambridge train combines with the Bishops Stortford-Stratford service (which goes to hourly itself).

Status
Not open for further replies.