• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 390/Class 57 Drag - Doors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hstmatt

Hi all,
As I understand, VTWC Drivers release the doors at stations on Class 390s, and the Train Managers close them.
Would this change when the 390s were dragged, say up to Holyhead? As far as I'm aware, 57s don't have door controls? Was there another driver in the 390 just to release the doors?
Thanks
Matthew

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gazthomas

Established Member
Yes, there was a driver in the Pendolino as well as the 57. They would take care of the doors, air conditioning and on board alarms

Aictos

Established Member
That's interesting how it worked with Class 57s dragging the Class 390s, if you don't mind me asking how does it work with Class 67s and Mk4s?

driver9000

Established Member
That's interesting how it worked with Class 57s dragging the Class 390s, if you don't mind me asking how does it work with Class 67s and Mk4s?

Doors are released by the Guard on mk4 trains so it only needs an electrical supply which the 67 can provide.

GrimShady

Established Member
Could the 57 provide the 390 with full ETH/Electrical power? Surely the galley would be a heavy draw on current?

krus_aragon

Established Member
Could the 57 provide the 390 with full ETH/Electrical power? Surely the galley would be a heavy draw on current?
On thr Holyhead runs, the presence of the galley (for a proper cooked breakfast) was one of the main reasons for doing the drag.

Status
Not open for further replies.