• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 43 LNER Farewell Railtour Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

E759

I’m just arriving York 1128 from the south and something blue and grey - I could’ve been mistaken though! - wizzed by heading towards Doncaster...

Last edited:

superjohn

Update...Maybe someone from Wabtec is reading this! Not long after my original post a shunter appeared and moved them all along by one carriage length, for no obvious reason. Anyway, a better picture is now possible.
ps. What do I have to do to get the pictures the right way up???? They are correct on my phone but always upload incorrectly and the rotate icons don’t seem to do anything

Attachments

• 0B35E698-CD4B-475A-BE65-F9BF25457D9F.jpeg
    0B35E698-CD4B-475A-BE65-F9BF25457D9F.jpeg
    622.6 KB · Views: 203

northernbelle

Without wishing to sound churlish - and I really don't because it's highly commendable that people have gone to the effort and expensive of painting a full set in short order - is there a technical reason why the white band on the repainted coaches is offset slightly, rather than equally placed above and below the windows as per original condition? Just wondering if there's a modern constraint (e.g. contrasting colour needed behind door handles) on the Mark 3s that has influenced this.

BRX

Established Member
Looks like it has to retain the modified cab door windows.

Without wishing to sound churlish - and I really don't because it's highly commendable that people have gone to the effort and expensive of painting a full set in short order - is there a technical reason why the white band on the repainted coaches is offset slightly, rather than equally placed above and below the windows as per original condition? Just wondering if there's a modern constraint (e.g. contrasting colour needed behind door handles) on the Mark 3s that has influenced this.

Because its correct for HST stock.

On Moderation
Looks like it has to retain the modified cab door windows.
You try finding some of the old cab doors to re-fit....

43206 also now has its correct 253003 set number on the coupler hatch.

Have to say Heritage Painting have done a great job on the power cars - much better than the sticky-back plastic job on 43002.

theblackwatch

Established Member
You try finding some of the old cab doors to re-fit....

43206 also now has its correct 253003 set number on the coupler hatch.

Have to say Heritage Painting have done a great job on the power cars - much better than the sticky-back plastic job on 43002.

Excellent. You only have to look at the vertical lines on IC liveried 43185 where the 'joins' are to see how rubbish vinyls can be. Wonder if 43206 will have a 'W' or 'E' prefix. Or perhaps, given that it is being done at Craigentinny, it will be 'SC'. :lol:

On Moderation
Excellent. You only have to look at the vertical lines on IC liveried 43185 where the 'joins' are to see how rubbish vinyls can be. Wonder if 43206 will have a 'W' or 'E' prefix. Or perhaps, given that it is being done at Craigentinny, it will be 'SC'. :lol:
Vehicle numbers not applied yet on the photos I’ve seen!

Look
View attachment 71550 View attachment 71553

NOT MY PICTURES

Thanks to OPs on Twitter
Looks good.

*pedant mode on* The yellow band is a clearly a little higher than they originally were (level with the 11th radiator slat from the top, rather than just above the 12th), but that will have been necessary to match the coaches. If you look at contemporary photo's, you'll see the yellow band is lower on the upper cab door handle recess than here - probably an inch / inch and a half too high. By contrast, 43002 is spot on. *pedant mode off*

Looking at the paths on RTT - is the train likely to run early, or slowly? Stevenage to KGX is timed as nearly 50 mins for a 25 min journey....

E759

Has anyone received their tickets yet?
Tickets are collected from the departure station and not being sent out

This is a charter journey and you will need a ticket to board this special train and must collect it from the tour origin station. This is a charter service and you will not be able to join this train at intermediate calling points.

Please take this email to the Inter-City 125 collection point at Edinburgh, Inverness or Leeds. These will be on the main concourse and open the day before and on the day of travel. We recommend arriving at least thirty minutes before the scheduled departure time to allow enough time to collect your tickets and make your way to the platform. You will need your ticket to board the train and advise you keep it with you throughout your journey, as checks will take place at intermediate stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.