• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 442 Website and Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

antharro

Hi all,

I'd like to put up a link to my class442 website: http://www.class442.co.uk.

As the name suggests, this is a website all about 442s! I'm slowly building it up, and I'm hoping to have a good resource there before too long.

Additionally on the site is a link to a petition. This petition was put up to protest against SWT's decision to withdraw the 442s, and I'd appreciate anyone who supports that statement to please sign the petition!

Here's a direct link: http://www.petitiononline.com/5wes/petition.html

I'm aware that it's probably not going to make any difference - SWT have made up their mind and that's that, but I want to at least make it known that not everyone is in favour of their recent train-shuffling strategy.

I read somewhere (on here, I think) that SWT have received over 6000 complaints about their shuffle, so a few more certainly can't hurt!

Thanks!
Antharro

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
I'm sorry but I'm certainly not giving my e-mail address to a third party website to sign a petition that is quite simply not going to make the blindest bit of difference.

T

Tom

petitiononline.com is completely safe - it's worth a try TBH. If we can make a difference then...!

Hentis

Maybe i should do a Website on 960012!!

Doesnt that now live at Bournemouth T&RSMD?

FYI 2421 came back this morning earlier than planned, at 01:11 instead of the allotted 05:24 at Poole, yep you guessed it I missed it by a few hours!!!

Its livery is all over white and gloss grey window surrounds replacing the blue around the windows with red doors and black running numbers. There are no SWT end colours at each cab ends.

It seems as though 10 are going to Southern and 7 are going to Gat ex.

Cheers

Hentis

Hentis

Yes it does live there now, see my email i sent you wiv a quote from my dad!

Time for me to start saving!

What Email?

See you at Weymouth for the Pullman if your going?
SMS me OKies?

Cheers

Tony.

Nathan

Only becasue u want 2416, Maybe i should do a Website on 960012!!

What and i should start a site for 444012? Ahh it was love at first sight. But thats not the point. 444s will last forever, the 442s are dissapearing and even i have some sympathy for them now!

Established Member
What Email?

See you at Weymouth for the Pullman if your going?
SMS me OKies?

Cheers

Tony.

I sent ya an email with a video attached, ill send it again, i cant make it to weymouth might see it at Parkstone with the video camera! Ill txt ya later!

antharro

I'm sorry but I'm certainly not giving my e-mail address to a third party website

With regard to email addresses, this is from PetitionOnline's Privacy Policy:

Use of Email Addresses

When you sign a document electronically, that signature has the same meaning as if you had signed the document with pen and ink, according to the Digital Millennium Signature Act in the USA.

When you sign a petition at PetitionOnline.com, to identify your signature in the privtae petition database we require that you submit your actual email address. In addition, you have an option to release your email address to the petition author, or to display it publicly in the petition.

We will never sell your email address, or otherwise release it to a third-party except with your permission (as above) or under subpoena or other legal order, except that specific email addresses may be communicated to outside parties as we deem necessary in actions to stop abuse of these forums.

to sign a petition that is quite simply not going to make the blindest bit of difference.

As I said in a different thread; I know the chances of SWT keeping them on are slim to none, with a bias on "none". Still, if I can kick up a bit of a noise about it, even if it's enough to make some bod go "huh, some people do like these trains, oh well, hard luck", then that'd be enough. I'm not going into this with an unrealistic view to try and persuade SWT to keep them on. (As nice as that would be!) I suspect the decision has been made to transfer them to Southern and that's the end of it.

If you still don't want to sign then that's your decision and no one's going to force you to, but I'd at least like you to be aware of my reasons for starting the petition, i.e.,what I said in the paragraph above.

Hentis

RE: Kicking up a stink

Well your not the only one quite a few people are but it will get no where. Mind you theres nothing stopping you from making your voice heard is there.

@ Nathan.

If the 444's keep doing this (below) with the wipers then they aint going to be around for that long. with all that rust spreading from bare metal!!! :walk:

444044Poole251106.JPG

Cheers

Hentis

Nathan

The 444s will become the new 442s of the future people, lets not reject them but accept them!

Hentis

I have to admit, that the 444's/450's will not replace the 442's. Watching a video I took of some 450's and 444's flying past Eastleigh yesterday was quiet. However YOU KNEW when the 442's were due... You could hear them before you could see them appear underneath cambell road bridge. They were screaming past Eastleigh the noise was fantastic. I shall miss that noise.

Cheers

Hentis

Gizmogle

Established Member
We should start a railway mafia! When the 444s come into service we run out in the night and kill them all!

class 313

Established Member
I have to admit, that the 444's/450's will not replace the 442's. Watching a video I took of some 450's and 444's flying past Eastleigh yesterday was quiet. However YOU KNEW when the 442's were due... You could hear them before you could see them appear underneath cambell road bridge. They were screaming past Eastleigh the noise was fantastic. I shall miss that noise.

Cheers

Hentis

Go to Radlett and listen to the 319s buz past, better then Desiros

thefab444

Established Member
Bah, the 442s may have been pukka units, but that's no reason to go around trashing good stock like 444s. 442s may have had a scream (and good it is too! 2408 giving a good show the other day), but 444s are pretty much the better unit in other respects. Some people would say the seats are uncomfortable, but that's opinion.

But yes nothing will ever replace the Pigs scream... unless.

We fit massive speakers to 444s boy-racer style and then when the unit gets above 40mph they start to play a 442 style scream...

Status
Not open for further replies.