• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 47 And Deltic At Derby Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichmondCommu

Established Member
While waiting for my train back to London tonight I'm pretty sure I saw a Class 47 hauling a Deltic at Derby station at around 21.00. Could someone let me know if I was right and if so where they were heading?

Many thanks,

Richmond Commuter!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fgwrich

Established Member
That will be Nemisis Rails 47375 Working from Barrow Hill to Kidderminster, with 55 019 'Royal Highland Fusilier' - A working which was due to be 33012 but this failed enroute near Trent Junction, and has subsiquently moved to Burton Upon Trent - It will now also not star in the Swanage Railways Diesel Gala.

KiddyKid

47375 now failed in Haresfield Loop with suspected flashover, 50049 has been dispatched from Kidderminster to assist. It has been suggested that the convoy will return to the SVR.

D1009

Established Member
47375 now failed in Haresfield Loop with suspected flashover, 50049 has been dispatched from Kidderminster to assist. It has been suggested that the convoy will return to the SVR.

Returning to SVR as 0Z50 1540 Haresfield to Kidderminster, passed Ashchurch at 1724. Formed

D821

not necessarily in that order !

RichmondCommu

Established Member
Blimey that train has certainly got a great deal longer than when I saw it last night! Where were they heading before the Class 47 failed?

RovinRonnie

Swanage website confirms that the convoy won't be making it to the weekend gala which only leaves the 27, 33, 50 & 57 which should make the working diagram a challenge. Made a detour to Hawkins Lane bridge this morning & took some footage of a static 33012 in the sidings of Nemesis Rail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eZ_ZJcLmCM

RichmondCommu

Established Member
Swanage website confirms that the convoy won't be making it to the weekend gala which only leaves the 27, 33, 50 & 57 which should make the working diagram a challenge. Made a detour to Hawkins Lane bridge this morning & took some footage of a static 33012 in the sidings of Nemesis Rail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eZ_ZJcLmCM

Ok, so originally 33012 was supposed to run to Barrow Hill to collect the Deltic and then head south to Kidderminster to collect the other loco's. In hindsight would it not have been better to hire a more reliable Class 66? Two loco's who must be pushing 50 years of age have let alot of people down.

D1009

Established Member
Ok, so originally 33012 was supposed to run to Barrow Hill to collect the Deltic and then head south to Kidderminster to collect the other loco's. In hindsight would it not have been better to hire a more reliable Class 66? Two loco's who must be pushing 50 years of age have let alot of people down.

http://www.71a.co.uk/news.htm

The 71A website explains what was supposed to happen and why. Down to money, no owner of a main line registered and available preserved diesel would turn down that sort of offer. A great pity it ended in tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.