• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 47 Brake Rub noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghawk2005

Here’s a random - can you hear the brake rub sounds from the cab of a Class 47 when driving …. 60 / 70 mph braking down to say 20 / 30 mph?
I know some locos and units like the Class 150 it is very apparent, but just wondered if it was noticeable from inside the cab and whilst driving ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I've noticed it with the windows open but the internal noises are more apparent and some of the external brake rub noise is somewhat drowned out by how noisy cabs are compared to a passenger carriage. You have added noises from features such as the AWS alerts going off when up front too. Open the engine room door and its worse still.

Ghawk2005

That’s interesting guys, I can’t say I’ve ever heard 47 brake sounds from any cab ride videos hence why I wanted to clarify. I have heard faint brake sounds from HST cab rides but only just noticeable.

Thank you.

FOCTOC

If you've ever travelled on MK1 stock on the main line at speed and heard the brakes go in then you'll have an idea what it sounds like in the cab of a 47. The sound is very noticeable/loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.