• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 508 for BVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

LondonBVE

Hi guys,

Well I was at Tom Beevers' old website when I found a Class 508. Whoever one please give me 1 day as i need to copy the link. Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Maybe you could have any links for posts ready BEFORE posting. This post is totally useless otherwise.

LondonBVE

Click on Class 508 to access the download. Note it is for BVE 2.6.3.

Class 508

Edited on 15th May 2006 at 3:36 pm or 15:36 .

P.S. Link taken off due to some problem, sorry. Will be back soon. :protest:

Coxster

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
Do you have permission to host that on your website LondonBVE?
It isn't his website - it is Tom Beever's old webspace. It's basically just the Class 313 with original 313 panel (pre-full height cabs!).

Coxster

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
No, it is uploaded on his freewebs website, fully working links.
Oh right - I only saw the link above to Tom's old webspace. What is LondonBVE's website address?

Coxster

Established Member
It has no copyright text etc so I'm guessing permission has either not been seeked or is being awaited.

Tom B

Established Member
Given that

a) I havn't replied to your PM asking permission, and
b) It's not my place to give permission anyway - I simply hosted the file for another author

then I would suggest that the download shouldn't be there...

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Given that

b) It's not my place to give permission anyway - I simply hosted the file for another author

Indeed. ;)

TAS

Cockfosters said:
Given that

Exactly. May i suggest, LondonBVE that you remove it.

LondonBVE

First, I never ask anybody to download it from my website. Secondly, Did I put any link to my website to download the Class 508. Anyway I will take it out as soon as possible. Meanwhile stop visting my website.

Tom B

Established Member
LondonBVE said:
First, I never ask anybody to download it from my website. Secondly, Did I put any link to my website to download the Class 508. Anyway I will take it out as soon as possible. Meanwhile stop visting my website.

:roll:

If you put something on your server and allow people to view it, it makes no difference whether you put a link up to it...

Hey, shall I open my computer to anyone to look at? But you can't dial into it because I've not told you my IP address, so ner.

Guinness

Established Member
LondonBVE said:

So why is the link there in the first place then?

Jim

Established Member
LondonBVE said:
Meanwhile stop visting my website.
That does not make sense, it is in the public domain thus anyone can accses it when they like

Dave A

What I can't understand is why its still there? You posted saying you'd remove it at 8.50am, its now 5.50pm. Regardless of the time difference, it doesn't surely take more than 30 seconds to remove it?

Jim

Established Member
Now come on "London BVE", it doesn't matter wether you asked anyone to download it, it should not be there! If I was in Toms Shoes (or whoever made it), I would personally report you for copyright theft...

The Snap

Established Member
Jim said:
I would personally report you for copyright theft...

I doubt you'd get anywhere, but yeah, I agree. If the file is hosted illegally, which I am lead to believe, then it should have been removed when the host was alerted about it - not a few days later...:scratch:

devon_metro

Established Member
If you didn't intend for anybody to dwnload it then why is it set up as a download page. If you don't want it to be downloaded then don't upload it.

Guinness

Established Member
Rich said:
I doubt you'd get anywhere, but yeah, I agree. If the file is hosted illegally, which I am lead to believe, then it should have been removed when the host was alerted about it - not a few days later...:scratch:

Yeah something like that.

I was talking to him (LondonBVE) the other day on MSN when he was creating the website, and he never mentioned anything about the lack of permissions, otherwise I would of stopped him from hosting it. I assumed that he had the permission to upload it.

[15:38:48] (Yu Wang Da : can YOU delete the last post made by YOU on the topic : "Class 508 for BVE"?
[15:38:51] (Yu Wang Da : *Thanks
[15:40:02] Anybody want: there is no link then
[15:40:23] (Yu Wang Da : yeah
[15:40:26] (Yu Wang Da : until further date
[15:41:34] Anybody want: so the thread will be left with no link then if i delete my post
[15:41:41] (Yu Wang Da : yes
[15:42:00] (Yu Wang Da : i will get it back as soon as this week
[15:47:09] Anybody want: why not leave the link on?
[15:47:23] (Yu Wang Da : cause i asking Tom for permission to host the train
[15:47:34] Anybody want: oh
[15:50:06] (Yu Wang Da : emergency train page is on the way
[15:50:13] Anybody want: ?
[15:50:53] (Yu Wang Da : that means i'm making a last minute train page
[15:51:16] Anybody want: oh
[16:05:12] (Yu Wang Da : http://www.freewebs.com/bve-network/
[16:05:32] (Yu Wang Da : when YOU go to my website you will see a download link and see it works or not

Guinness

Established Member
EmergencyBrake said:
....he never mentioned anything about the lack of permissions....
[15:47:23] (Yu Wang Da : cause i asking Tom for permission to host the train

Doesn't that give you some indication that permission has no yet been granted?

Status
Not open for further replies.