• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 57 to Cardiff

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbeech

Established Member
a friend of mine has just suggested to me they’re on a GWR class 57 hauled train to Cardiff ex PAD (boarding at Reading). I’m assuming this is out of place as I was only aware of 1 non sleeper 57 rum and that was on a Saturday.

Is this a regular thing or a one off today ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dhassell

Considering they couldn't even get a Class 57 loco to propel the set out of Paddington this morning because they had to send a rescue loco down towards Taunton, and the Up sleeper was caped at Reading, I doubt a GWR Class 57 is heading to Cardiff. Happy to be corrected though if it is happening! But I highly doubt it.

robbeech

Established Member
Yes. It did cross my mind that it may be an error. He’s not a rail enthusiast by any means but he did feel it necessary to point it out.

Established Member
a friend of mine has just suggested to me they’re on a GWR class 57 hauled train to Cardiff ex PAD (boarding at Reading). I’m assuming this is out of place as I was only aware of 1 non sleeper 57 rum and that was on a Saturday.

Is this a regular thing or a one off today ?
Your friend is very much mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.