• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 66 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Established Member
From http://www.trainsimcentral.co.uk/news.htm

The new version of the Class 66 for BVE4 is now ready to download from the >Train Download< page.

The realistic class 66 in-cab sounds were kindly provided by Shane Roberts and John Owen, and configured by Steve Green for BVE. The cab is based on the MSTS version by Kenji Kimura.

The train features a new version of the UKDt plug-in created by Simon Gathercole, which in addition to the usual features also introduces an improved ammeter and wheelslip warning lamp with wheelslip sounds. The plug-in now offers various other developer-configurable settings. This means the plugin is flexible enough to be used in a variety of future passenger and freight diesel locomotives, with the developer having the option to add or remove the various safety systems depending on the loco or era being modelled.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
Took it for a spin on Maybank this morning. Lovely train. Top marks to TSC there. :)

Dennis

Established Member
Took it for a quick trip along the Clarendon route - very impressive. Well done to all involved.

Nitro

Yeah I just took it for a little drive and it PERFECT :!:. Well done to TSC and anyone else who took part in the making of the train...
And I hope the HST and Class 156 come out soon :P

devon_metro

Established Member
RichardH said:
Tres, tres bien! Well done Steve and the guys! :D

Sehr, sehr gut! Toll! (for the german people out there ;) )

I have to say the start up is very realistic including the wheel slip, i also like the braking-tok some time to get used to it!

Jim

Established Member
Starting to give shedz a good name then are we ;) :lol: Brill

Aureol

Established Member
With a spanner in hand in D212's engine room
Even though I've had the 66 for a while now, I never knew this thread existed :lol:
Lovely loco to drive, love the sounds! :D
And yeah, the brakes do take some getting used to, but they're good when you've gotten to grips with them.
Very firm pat on the back to the builder (not GM Canada ;)).

Jord

I am looking for a train simulator, and as i've never had one before this 66 thing, can you do everything like toot the horn etc etc i mean like you in control of everything? and is it easy enough to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.