• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 70 Spotting Help - Cossington (MML)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geezah1984

Hi all,

Not sure if you can help. I am still in need to spot my first Class 70, and the only place I know of local to me is either Cossington (for trains to Mountsorrel) or Nuneaton. Nuneaton is a bit far to go to not see one, so I wanted to ask if anyone know of a regular working ran by Class 70's, what day it runs, and roughly when would it pass Cossington?

Thanks

Andrew

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ferret

Established Member
Hi all,

Not sure if you can help. I am still in need to spot my first Class 70, and the only place I know of local to me is either Cossington (for trains to Mountsorrel) or Nuneaton. Nuneaton is a bit far to go to not see one, so I wanted to ask if anyone know of a regular working ran by Class 70's, what day it runs, and roughly when would it pass Cossington?

Thanks

Andrew

6U76 Crewe-Mountsorrel was a regular 70 turn in the morning through Cossington - not seen it for a good few weeks though now.

Pretty sure that's the only working that's been that way with a 70 bolted to the front...

Geezah1984

Hi Ferret,

Thanks for the reply. Sadly not what I wanted to hear but what can you do :D ;). Where would be best in the "Midlands" area to spot one of these rare loco's?

Andrew

Ferret

Established Member
Hi Ferret,

Thanks for the reply. Sadly not what I wanted to hear but what can you do :D ;). Where would be best in the "Midlands" area to spot one of these rare loco's?

Andrew

Nuneaton on an evening sees one on 4M93 (I think!) Felixstowe-Lawley Street. If/when 70018 is battered back into life, 4O14 Birch Coppice-Southampton and 4M68 return should be a 70 again with a bit of luck. Quite often there's a 70 on the Portbury-Rugeley coal circuit too.

Crossover

Established Member
I have seen one at Stafford on the odd occasion, and managed to phot one once - that said, it was more luck than judgement!

Status
Not open for further replies.