• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 700 PIS First Class Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewaistcoat

This morning whilst sitting in the front 1st class carriage on my usual declassified train from Welwyn Garden City to Kings Cross, the 700 train displayed a screen on the PIS I hadn't spotted before:
"This area is for First Class ticket holders only" (capitalisation and lack of full stop as shown).
Is this new?
I know the rear ones have the "This area may be used by customers holding standard class tickets." message displayed (whilst the rest of the train has the CCTV message), or at least they still did on Tuesday when I last sat there.
Just waiting for an officious RPI to take the sign as gospel on a train that you can't buy a 1st class ticket for...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thewaistcoat

The "This area is for First Class ticket holders only" screen was showing in the rear of the Cambridge North train from Kings Cross I was on on Tuesday, however the Revenue inspector found my Standard Class ticket acceptable as he should regardless. Was showing the standard class screen today. All seems a bit random.

thewaistcoat

Most likely the driver inputted a wrong code into the on board computer

Loosely related, I've yet to see a 700 announce the next station as the last one you left because the train thinks it's going the opposite direction. Was quite common on a 387.

baz962

Established Member
Loosely related, I've yet to see a 700 announce the next station as the last one you left because the train thinks it's going the opposite direction. Was quite common on a 387.

Had that on a Thameslink

Status
Not open for further replies.