• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 707 to Southeastern Dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnjkerbin

Southeastern have just tweeted the following https://twitter.com/Se_Railway/status/1411995785386942466/photo/1:
As people return to rail, we are getting ready to introduce 30 Class 707s onto our network. Starting in the autumn, these new additions to our fleet will increase capacity on the Metro routes from Dartford, Sevenoaks and Hayes into London.

Accompanied by a mockup of the internal refurbishment

E5hqrtJX0Ac8Tts.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RealTrains07

Established Member

Domh245

Established Member
New livery unveiled now too - looks really good IMO…

I don't know about good! The fact they've put the yellow across the full width of the front looks stupid IMO, if you're not having a 'fancy' front end livery design they should keep the yellow to between the "cheeks". It's also just the standard SE Blue, with black window surrounds. Utterly 'standard' and uninspired (not that you'd necessarily expect anything else from a metro train)

43102EMR

Established Member
I don't know about good! The fact they've put the yellow across the full width of the front looks stupid IMO, if you're not having a 'fancy' front end livery design they should keep the yellow to between the "cheeks". It's also just the standard SE Blue, with black window surrounds. Utterly 'standard' and uninspired (not that you'd necessarily expect anything else from a metro train)
It will be to match the Electrostars in that livery (albeit without the pastel blue doors) - it certainly looks better than the modified Connex livery seen on the Networkers and 376s…

43102EMR

Established Member
Do the doors and bodyside have enough contrast/difference in that Twitter image?
That’s what I was wondering myself - it will be questionable as to whether it meets PRM regulations with the door colours being virtually the same…

py_megapixel

Established Member
Are they even planning to repaint that section at all? The mockup shows the old Stagecoach font for the unit number!

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
That’s what I was wondering myself - it will be questionable as to whether it meets PRM regulations with the door colours being virtually the same…
Probably still at the artists impression stage, and won’t be the final livery?

py_megapixel

Established Member
I think there are two possibilities. Either that tweet is not what the final livery is going to end up as, and the pastel blue doors will be there after all (as they were in another mockup we saw a while ago), or possibly the break in the black window band is considered enough to differentiate them (I think that's the excuse DB uses for their ICE livery - the break in the red stripe is enough to indicate that it's a door)

MotCO

Established Member
I think there are two possibilities. Either that tweet is not what the final livery is going to end up as, and the pastel blue doors will be there after all (as they were in another mockup we saw a while ago), or possibly the break in the black window band is considered enough to differentiate them (I think that's the excuse DB uses for their ICE livery - the break in the red stripe is enough to indicate that it's a door)

And the doors are inset - look along the train and it is fairly obvious where the doors are, but not necessarily where the accessible door is.

Domh245

Established Member
Are they even planning to repaint that section at all? The mockup shows the old Stagecoach font for the unit number!

They must be to some extent. There's bit of yellow on the mockup livery that aren't yellow currently (or as delivered) - especially around the bottom of the 'buffer' covers

I expect that the livery isn't the "final" livery, as the doors are borderline uncompliant IMO! It'll be a shame though if it's another train where they've just plastered a block of yellow on, ignoring the natural shape of the train (Orion's 319/769s are another prime offender)

ScotGG

Established Member
Find all the work inside a bit weird. With GBR who knows what colour scheme they'll be in a couple of years, and in the short term the 465s could *really* do with some deep cleaning, and then the 376s. The 707s are way below in terms of need. Good for PR though.

JaJaWa

Established Member

New trains for Southeastern passengers returning to rail in south east London and north Kent​

• Class 707 service set for autumn start
  • Air-conditioned, spacious and modern trains will run on Hayes line and routes to Sevenoaks and Dartford
  • New trains will provide more space and replace some older ‘Networker’ trains
As people return to rail in the coming months, Southeastern is preparing to introduce a new fleet of Class 707 trains beginning in the autumn of this year.

The new additions to the fleet will increase the amount of space available to passengers on the routes from Dartford, Sevenoaks and Hayes, and into London terminals.

These modern, spacious, and air-conditioned trains will deliver a significant improvement in the passenger experience on the busier London routes, replacing some of Southeastern’s older ‘Networker’ trains.

The start of the preview service in the autumn will be followed by the full service in 2022 - when a sufficient number of trains have transferred from South Western Railway (SWR), refreshed, deep-cleaned and updated, ready for use on the Southeastern network.

David Statham, Managing Director at Southeastern said:

“Bringing in modern, reliable trains with more space is an important part of the work we are doing to encourage people back to rail travel.

“Following a great effort by everyone across the railway, I’m very pleased to confirm that our new trains are getting set to carry passengers later this year.

“The Class 707 represents a big investment in our train fleet and I’m really looking forward to welcoming our customers aboard.”

Rail Minister Chris Heaton Harris said:

“This is a welcome upgrade for passengers on Southeastern’s network.

“As the nation starts moving again following the pandemic, passengers will benefit from modern, clean, reliable trains that will make it even better to travel by rail”.

Sambit Banerjee, Managing Director Rolling Stock and Customer Services for Siemens Mobility Limited said:

“We were delighted to see the Siemens Mobility Class 707s moving over to their new home at Southeastern. It has been a great collaborative effort since then between Siemens Mobility and Southeastern operational teams to get the trains ready for service, which has continued throughout the Covid 19 lockdown.

“We look forward to supporting passengers travelling into London from the South East on comfortable, air conditioned trains and continuing our great partnership with Southeastern.”

Contact information

Southeastern Press Office

0330 095 9091

[email protected]

Notes to editors​

• Southeastern has already received six Class 707 trains since January, which are currently being housed at Ashford, Grove Park and Slade Green depots. These units are being used for maintenance and driver training, as well as station compatibility tests. The next two 5-car trains are expected to be delivered in July 2021.
  • The Class 707 fleet is owned by Angel Trains and was originally procured for South West Trains (SWT), with the first entering service on routes in south west London in 2017.
  • With SWT’s successor, South Western Railway, in the process of receiving a brand-new train fleet for its London area routes, the Class 701, Southeastern has taken on the nearly new Class 707 fleet for its Metro routes.
  • Features of the each of the 30 trains, which will operate on Metro services to London from Dartford, Hayes and Sevenoaks include an open, bright and spacious interior, 271 seats per unit, plug sockets, Wi-Fi, modern air conditioning, ventilation and heating and passenger information screens including a loading display for every carriage.

Source: https://newsroom.southeasternrailwa...for-southeastern-passengers-returning-to-rail

Class 466

Established Member
These modern, spacious, and air-conditioned trains will deliver a significant improvement in the passenger experience on the busier London routes, replacing some of Southeastern’s older ‘Networker’ trains
There's the answer

Doomotron

This is Southeastern's fourth livery, and the sixth in use today... I wonder if they'll ever have a standard livery?

Although the lighting in the preview photo is a bit strange, it looks like the livery could be a reverse of the 375 colour scheme, with a light blue body and dark blue doors.

Class 466

Established Member
This is Southeastern's fourth livery, and the sixth in use today... I wonder if they'll ever have a standard livery?

Although the lighting in the preview photo is a bit strange, it looks like the livery could be a reverse of the 375 colour scheme, with a light blue body and dark blue doors.

Believe it'll be very much similar to 375s, this is just an interesting interpretation of that!

BluePenguin

On Moderation

I highly doubt it! Although I personally quite like the variety don't you?

LeeLivery

Established Member
The livery will be "very similar" to the 375s according to Southeastern's tweet

The 707s will have a similar livery to our 375 fleet, where the light blue doors contrast with the darker blue exterior. The contrast may not be as obvious in the infographic, just for illustration at the moment ^PK

Status
Not open for further replies.