• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 710 LO

MatthewRead

On Moderation
Do we know where is the next batch of 710s going to? On to the Lea Valley lines or the DC or NLL? I know Lea Valley customers are itching for them but at least they currently have just about enough trains to cover their peak diagrams (although I know there are regular short formations and cancellations). I would guess driver training may well be a factor here.
Euston-Watford Junction next!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Anyone know when we can expect to see 710s on the West Anglia inners from LivSt? What is the reason for the delay getting them into use?

Railperf

Established Member
Anyone know when we can expect to see 710s on the West Anglia inners from LivSt? What is the reason for the delay getting them into use?
Have the AC only 710s been approved by ORR yet?

20atthemagnet

1. Electronic coupling isn’t implemented yet (West anglia use coupled 8 cars in peak)

2. Chingford Yard works yet to be completed to accommodate 710s.

3. Trainer positions not being filled yet with no rush because of point 1 and 2.

Therefore no introduction despite the fleet being built and completed scattered around in storage in various sidings. 3 or 4 1xx units in Ilford doing test runs. Until point 1 especially is rectified they wont be seen anywhere near west anglia except for PR. Once Bombardier suss coupling things will move pretty quickly as points 2 and 3 are imminent.

ijmad

Established Member
Between them and the 345s there sure are a lot of Aventras stabled around the South East currently.

Mikey C

Established Member
Perhaps we can sell the stored Aventras to Donald Trump for his wall :E

Has anybody got the mon-fri diagrams for the goblin line say from 1600 till 2000 please

Last edited:

Ethano92

Are there any 710s out this Sunday 21st July 2019 ?

Thanks in advance,
As far as I know there are more 710s than 378s on the GOBLIN therefore if the GOBLIN is operating, you will always be able to see the 710s. If it's closed over the weekend for whatever reason then you won't unfortunately.

Class 170101

Established Member
1. Electronic coupling isn’t implemented yet (West anglia use coupled 8 cars in peak)

2. Chingford Yard works yet to be completed to accommodate 710s.

3. Trainer positions not being filled yet with no rush because of point 1 and 2.

Therefore no introduction despite the fleet being built and completed scattered around in storage in various sidings. 3 or 4 1xx units in Ilford doing test runs. Until point 1 especially is rectified they wont be seen anywhere near west anglia except for PR. Once Bombardier suss coupling things will move pretty quickly as points 2 and 3 are imminent.

One has already been on the WA towards Broxbourne, as I recall it was 'parked' in an unwired siding there.

20atthemagnet

One has already been on the WA towards Broxbourne, as I recall it was 'parked' in an unwired siding there.

Im referring to in passenger service, not test runs. Its no secret 710s have been on WA to Chingford, Enfield, Broxbourne etc as per previous posts from me and others.

zebedee104

From casual observation while waiting for the train home/shopping (and can see two every time) all were 710s. I wouldn’t have seen all 6 though on my trips. :)

EE Andy b1

Established Member
Had a couple of runs on the Goblin with Class 710s on Saturday. A nice enough unit for the job they do of being able to cram people in. An updated 378.
Nice to know there getting the software issues sorted out.

20190720_134955.jpg

Railperf

Established Member
Rail Magazine reporting Nineteen four-car Class 710/1, six four-car Class 710/2s and six five-car Class 710/2 EMUs for London Overground are currently either stored at various depots, undergoing testing and commissioning, or awaiting acceptance. Not sure if the remaining six four car 710/2's included some that are now in service?

Last edited:

simple simon

I was on the Goblin today and only saw 710's. I saw at least four Goblin trains.

I'm not sure why but at least one seemed to have been running late - I just missed it at Leytonstone High Rd and yet the next train was only 5 minutes away and still had an amber signal when it left Leytonstone High Rd.

We also had to wait outside Gospel Oak for the platform to clear before we could arrive at the station.

Two other observations today:
*As often happens the Goblin train is timetabled to depart just as a NLL train for Stratford arrives, which mean that pax see their train going just as they are arriving - maybe the faster acceleration of the 710's could allow a slightly later departure from here (to enable the cross-platform interchange) without affecting arrival time at Barking?
*The three orphaned 378 carriages are still in the siding at Willesden Junction, but there was only one 710 there with them (previously I have seen 2x or even 3x 710's here).

zebedee104

I'm not sure why but at least one seemed to have been running late - I just missed it at Leytonstone High Rd and yet the next train was only 5 minutes away and still had an amber signal when it left Leytonstone High Rd.

We also had to wait outside Gospel Oak for the platform to clear before we could arrive at the station.

I believe the massive fire in Walthamstow at the Mall Shopping Centre, which is (fairly) near the GOBLIN caused some delays earlier in the day, according to reports in our local (Leyton) Facebook group.

simple simon

ijmad

Established Member
There was a missing diagram on the Watford DC line today, so wherever the last 378 from the GOBLIN is, it wasn't there.

Peter Sarf

Established Member
There was a missing diagram on the Watford DC line today, so wherever the last 378 from the GOBLIN is, it wasn't there.

Possibly a 378 is hanging around a depot getting its orphaned coach back and/or catching up on maintenance ?.

ijmad

Established Member
Still not around today either. Perhaps the GOBLIN broke it <D

One cancellation today on the GOBLIN due to a 'problem with a train'. 710 fail?