• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 745 Stadler FLIRTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick1984

The class 755 have open vestibules into carriages. Will the 745 have internal vestibule doors?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rick1984

Cheers, makes sense not to have them on busier Stansted units but you don't want getting an icy blast on an InterCity train.

F Great Eastern

Established Member
When will these trains actually enter service?

I think they should focus on dealing with the problems with the 755s before introducing 745s and withdrawing loco hauled sets, since some of the 755 problems may well be common to the 745s as well.

Any introduction of 745s must be done without withdrawing any legacy stock until the new stock is proven. The last week on the local lines has been a disaster with almost the whole rural network closed because of the serious issues.

Carlgoss

I hope the 745's have got a good rust guarantee from Stadler. :lol: Poor things just sitting there, lights on but no one at home.. and no where to go. Visions of Thomas the Tank .'There goes another Class 90 limping along, I wish I could limp along says Basil' Seriously though,I really hope it's not the wheel-sets causing further delays as that sounds like a 'major' issue. Like most, I can't wait for the introduction of the 745's.. Just please hurry GA before I retire and start rusting up myself.

LAX54

Established Member
I think they should focus on dealing with the problems with the 755s before introducing 745s and withdrawing loco hauled sets, since some of the 755 problems may well be common to the 745s as well.

Any introduction of 745s must be done without withdrawing any legacy stock until the new stock is proven. The last week on the local lines has been a disaster with almost the whole rural network closed because of the serious issues.

Rumour mill.....one will start next Tuesday, but not on the Ni90, so maybe trying to say, look nice new London train, whilst still struggling with the 755s!

St. Paddy

Richard Clinnick tweeted last night, watch out for some interesting traction on the 0740 Norwich to London tomorrow

dk1

Veteran Member
Rumours of a soft launch tomorrow on the diagram starting with The East Anglian. Possibly 007.

Established Member
07:40/12:30/17:30 up
10:00/15:00/20:00 dn

Anything on the 07.40 up will be welcome, been cancelled twice this week and it’s only Tuesday :frown:

Seems a good diagram to pick for a soft launch if true. Is the Anglian still a double London trip for a Norwich crew or has that changed?

dk1

Veteran Member
Anything on the 07.40 up will be welcome, been cancelled twice this week and it’s only Tuesday :frown:

Seems a good diagram to pick for a soft launch if true. Is the Anglian still a double London trip for a Norwich crew or has that changed?
Still double bubble for the entire crew.

F Great Eastern

Established Member
A good source has told me now that the expected date of full introduction of these trains has slipped from March to by the end of April following a setback, which I assume is the same setback that caused the 07:40 not to be a 745 a few days ago?

Do we know what it was?

samuelmorris

Established Member
A good source has told me now that the expected date of full introduction of these trains has slipped from March to by the end of April.
Seems reasonable, as far as I'm aware their planned debut this month did not go ahead? Putting the full introduction date back a month accordingly seems a fair response. I don't imagine much work will be taking place between now and the new year. Good to see that BJ has finally formalised the derogation for PRM-TSI though, so presumably there'll be no impact other than the current maintenance backlog.

eastdyke

Established Member
A good source has told me now that the expected date of full introduction of these trains has slipped from March to by the end of April following a setback, which I assume is the same setback that caused the 07:40 not to be a 745 a few days ago?
Do we know what it was?
Have the 745s received ORR approval to run in passenger service?

Status
Not open for further replies.