• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 87 Farewell Stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

southy39

just wondering if anyone knows what LHCS is to be used...

AFAIK it was originally meant to be the Cargo-D/Rail Blue Stock that was to be used

then the Rail Blue set with some Ex FMR Mk.2s

now rumours sugest that the DRS set is to be used along with some odds and ends from WCRC

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

As has been stated on wnxx (a statement which you have responded to), it will be the DRS Mk3 set for FC and WCRC aircon's for standard. KM01 (the DRS set) is already at Oxley, not sure about the WCRC lot.

That'll upset the photographers...ooo errr mishmash! :lol:

southy39

As has been stated on wnxx (a statement which you have responded to), it will be the DRS Mk3 set for FC and WCRC aircon's for standard. KM01 (the DRS set) is already at Oxley, not sure about the WCRC lot.

That'll upset the photographers...ooo errr mishmash! :lol:

well atleast when the FC end is coupled next to the loco it will look good since the blue is the same shade...

theblackwatch

Established Member
Just been shown a phot at OY http://gwotspix.fotopic.net/p47470402.html - are those at least a couple of toplight early Mk2s behind the loco?? Think I'll be taking NB gear then for all the "must be out of window all day" clowns causing the rest of us to freeze to death!!

Looks like at least 3 of them from what I can see. I'm pleased that I shall be at the other end of the train, sat in a Mk. 3 enjoying breakfast and dinner!

kestrel

Tour now canx, CDL fault on stock train now OOS!!

bloody glad i didn't go up there for it!

87022-29-12-07.jpg

Attachments

• 87022-29-12-07.jpg
    87022-29-12-07.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 11

Gizmogle

Established Member
Had a lovely day trip to Wolverhampton today, three hours freezing there, cheers spitfire!

Same for me, LittleRedTrain, David, Matt, theblackwatch and Sanpper.

Could have formed a meet and showed our disgust in a group :p

jacknottm

Well done to west coast rail...another spectacular performance ... Well worth the 03:20 start....DISGRACEFUL !!!!!!

Jack

me123

Established Member
So, is there ever going to be another 87 passenger run, or is that it for ever and ever amen?

theblackwatch

Established Member
Like a working train???

Had a lovely day trip to Wolverhampton today, three hours freezing there, cheers spitfire!

Some people have't lived if they think today was freezing - I've been on tours that were colder inside than the temperature at Wolves was! :lol: Particularly warm enough on the bridge.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
So, is there ever going to be another 87 passenger run, or is that it for ever and ever amen?

Might get one on a PTG tour in Bulgaria if you're lucky!

southy39

well it seems the phones were still rning late last night... and spooner(cotswold) has drivers and guards ready and willing to operate the stock its just a matter of finding stock...

the chief at wembley has people going in today to give the VWC set an A exam 3 days early just incase it gets the call....

Jord

well it seems the phones were still rning late last night... and spooner(cotswold) has drivers and guards ready and willing to operate the stock its just a matter of finding stock...

the chief at wembley has people going in today to give the VWC set an A exam 3 days early just incase it gets the call....

So your saying, it may operate tomorrow? although tomorrow will be the last day as after tomorrow they will need OTMR

DO NOT SPECULATE...THIS IS HOW RUMOURS START!!!

A re-run would require massive co-operation between many parties (a new TOC will need to be found as DRS have said no), I know the effort is being put in (Alstom doing the A exam on WB64 early, Cotswold offering traincrew and GB drivers offering their services FREE) to try and secure a re run if possible but at the end of the day it just may not be. My advice is assume there won't be one unless you hear otherwise...

class 313

Established Member
Shame really, I gave my 87 send off when 002 was on 1G21. Glad I did. But these things happen. You can't really blame Spitfire for this, the best thing to do now is to move on.

southy39

DO NOT SPECULATE...THIS IS HOW RUMOURS START!!!

A re-run would require massive co-operation between many parties (a new TOC will need to be found as DRS have said no), I know the effort is being put in (Alstom doing the A exam on WB64 early, Cotswold offering traincrew and GB drivers offering their services FREE) to try and secure a re run if possible but at the end of the day it just may not be. My advice is assume there won't be one unless you hear otherwise...

while the tour being re run is by no means confirmed, Cotswold advenza can act as a TOC.
and the VWC Mk.3 set has had an A exam so its reported as available if cotswold or someone else agree to hire it for a tour.

while the tour being re run is by no means confirmed, Cotswold advenza can act as a TOC.
and the VWC Mk.3 set has had an A exam so its reported as available if cotswold or someone else agree to hire it for a tour.

Yes, Advenza could act as TOC.
Yes, WB64 is available for traffic now (although is short formed with 4xTSO,1xRFO and 2xFO).

Who is going to pay VWC for the hire of said stock?
How is it going to get from Wembley to Oxley?
Who is going to get it there and with what?
Who is going to pay for it to be moved?
Will NR be able to offer a path tomorrow to Glasgow?
etc etc

There are hundreds of unanswered questions so it is best to leave it there until something is set in stone. We all want the best chance possible for a re run (and people are working their damned hardest to achieve this) so don't ruin anything by speculating any more, please!

Established Member
Well I presume thats it, not much chance of getting a re-run organised now with hours to go till they are no longer passed to run on NR, besides who would get the messgae round to people now, although thanks to all who have tried, worked for free and put a ton of effot in to try and make it happen, well done guys.

Very sad to see the 87's bow out the way they did though, they will be missed :(

R.I.P

Sums it all up in a text I received earlier today...Game Over, RIP.

Now then, anyone for Bulgaria? :lol:

ChrisCooper

Established Member
The other problem with re-running a tour very quick after would be how many of the original passengers would be able to make it. You'd have those who might be working or have other commitments, those travelling from a long way who couldn't afford to travel again (especially if short notice meant they couldn't take advantage of discounts), those who just couldn't get there (particularly if they had re-run it today, being a Sunday), those stopping overnight who wouldn't be able to get or afford accomodation at short notice etc etc. They would all rightly want their money back, so you could end up with the tour running half empty or worse, and possibly making a considerable loss, on top of the losses already made for cancelling the trip on Saturday (crew wages, likely food for the dining service, track access etc).
I had considered doing this tour, but had other commitments, so couldn't, and I'm glad I didn't now. I can't see this will be the end of 87s in the UK, afterall the ACLG I'm sure will want to fill in the gap in their collection, and they are very keen on having mainline certified locos (even the 89 looks like it will end up on the mainline again).

Status
Not open for further replies.