• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 87 tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
None advertised so far for this year

EltonRoad

The Winter Cumbrian Mountain Express on 31 March is down as '86' haulage from Euston to Carnforth and return from Farington Jn; steam the rest of the way. Given that they've all run to this arrangement so far, I'd imagine the CME on 12 April will be similar. (14 June is also similar.)

Edit - according to the Railway Herald they are down for '86' haulage as above.

lewisf

The Winter Cumbrian Mountain Express on 31 March is down as '86' haulage from Euston to Carnforth and return from Farington Jn; steam the rest of the way. Given that they've all run to this arrangement so far, I'd imagine the CME on 12 April will be similar. (14 June is also similar.)

Edit - according to the Railway Herald they are down for '86' haulage as above.

The 12th April CME is 86 hauled to Preston. I know, I'm going on it!

Hard to see any tours with 87002 on at the moment with Railblue going bust the only last hope is if Spitfire do an electric traction tour this summer. Most operators just use diesel even under the wires now which is a huge shame as i for one need some 87002!

Crimson_Quiff

Hard to see any tours with 87002 on at the moment with Railblue going bust the only last hope is if Spitfire do an electric traction tour this summer. Most operators just use diesel even under the wires now which is a huge shame as i for one need some 87002!

The last time I rode behind 87002 was on Spitfire's 'Electric Scot' effort in June 2009!

Sovereign was being used as a WCML overheads Ice Breaker last time I checked.

Dreadnought

The last time I rode behind 87002 was on Spitfire's 'Electric Scot' effort in June 2009!

Sovereign was being used as a WCML overheads Ice Breaker last time I checked.

I was on that, such a long ago now (although checking my records it was actually 11th July 2009), then had 87002 a fortnight later covering the AC part of the 'Brighton Rocks with AC/DC' Flamboyant tour from Doncaster to Brighton.

Jdrowlands

86101/ 87002 ran home to Willesden from Carlisle today as 0Z86- off Carlisle 11:13, via Crewe Carriage 14:19-15:12 to pick up 86401.

captainbigun

Hmm, what I can tell you is that there has been an enquiry from the operator. However, there is no confirmation as to which loco will undertake the job, should ETL be awarded the job, it could be any from the ETL fleet.

EDIT: Further clarification has been sought, 87002 will be provided assuming it is available, which it should be.

Last edited:

Established Member
Hmm, what I can tell you is that there has been an enquiry from the operator. However, there is no confirmation as to which loco will undertake the job, should ETL be awarded the job, it could be any from the ETL fleet.

EDIT: Further clarification has been sought, 87002 will be provided assuming it is available, which it should be.

Thanks for the confirmation, good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.