• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Clayton Class 18 on a low loader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trestrol

Spotted a Clayton Hybrid Class 18 heading east on the A66 this morning. Anybody know where it was going?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Geeves

Established Member
I think Sellafield had one under test and the next location was Felixstowe but could be wrong!

Trestrol

I would have thought thats a bit of a convoluted route from Sellafield to Felixstowe. Would have thought M6 then M62 than A66 then A1.

Defiance149

It wasn't a Class 18, Sellafield has two similar locos of its own, No.2 has just returned after mods at Derby and testing at Peak Rail, this was No.1 coming south, probably for the same work.

GB

Established Member
I think Sellafield had one under test and the next location was Felixstowe but could be wrong!

There was talk a while ago of one being trialed at Felixstowe GB but was determined a battery loco to be to impractical.

Status
Not open for further replies.