• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cleethorpes TPEs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Hi all,

Just wondering on Saturdays, which Cleethorpes trains are operated by 170s and which by 185s? As I understand it it's usually a mix of the two, and I'd much rather the option of a 185!

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pemma

Veteran Member
I've seen the 19:18 departure from Manchester Piccadilly for Cleethorpes operated by 2 x 170s, so I imagine if you have the timetable to hand you can easily work out which other services are part of that diagram.

Boothby97

Established Member
Yeah, just one diagram with a pair of 170s. The rest are 185s.
I am now going to avoid 170s at all cost now after having to stand last week
Thanks, Sam
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I've seen the 19:18 departure from Manchester Piccadilly for Cleethorpes operated by 2 x 170s, so I imagine if you have the timetable to hand you can easily work out which other services are part of that diagram.

Thats definatley the service that one works in the week as it finishes at Sheffield, and then you change to a 185 for the 23:20 arrival into Cleethorpes. No 170s stay overnight at Cleethorpes (well, not often)

pemma

Veteran Member
Thanks, Sam

If you have a pair of 170s then they'll be more seats than on a 185 and less chance of standing.

Established Member
Thanks all!

Thanks, Sam

I try my best to avoid 170s whether I have to stand or not, I don't blame you at all!

YorkshireBear

Established Member
An early morning departure from meadowall towards cleethorpes is usually 4 car 170. I think its the one just after 7am. only on a saturday though.

Status
Not open for further replies.