• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DerekC

Established Member
Horbury & Ossett (2nd station - 1860 ish to 1970)

Note: I think we could have taken the south to west curve from Crigglestone Junction to Horbury Fork Junction, arriving here without passing through Horbury Junction and Horbury Millfield Road

Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Middleton Junction?

There was the matter of Rochdale (1st station), which in the direction we are travelling would be met before the current Rochdale station site.

Middleton Junction was a good way past the line connection to the LYR Broadfield branch line. The connection is still visible from passing trains to this day, after going through Castleton station. Heywood's new ELR heritage platform was built on the goods sorting sidings land of the Heywood LYR now-closed station and this is shown as one of the examples of the Rule 3 that covers such matters.

Last edited:

DerekC

Established Member
Radcliffe Black Lane

Bradley Fold

Can I suggest that on future journeys the original station at Rochdale (1839 to 1889) should be included. It was about 400m to the east of the current one, according to the OS 1:1250 map for 1851.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Can I suggest that on future journeys the original station at Rochdale (1839 to 1889) should be included. It was about 400m to the east of the current one, according to the OS 1:1250 map for 1851.
I had already mentioned that matter in part of my earlier posting # 68716.

In that format, it had already appeared on some recent earlier journeys on this quiz.