• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DerekC

Established Member
I have just found the "Disused Stations" website entry for this line (should have looked at it before) and it seems that there were two sites for Cargo Fleet and two for Eston (I think) - unfortunately I don't have time to check it all through just now so will have to move on to:

Lackenby

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Indeed there was also a station named Cleveland Port just to make matters even more confusing and one entity of another station at one time went under the name of another station. As you say, much deeper research with evidence that can be proved is certainly needed, but this is the very first time we have used this particular line section.

Lazenby

Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
On the connecting line from the Middlesbrough and Redcar Railway to the Cleveland Railway, there was a triangular junction, from which the south facing part was a line that enabled Boosbeck to be avoided and provided a direct line to.......

Brotton

Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member

INFORMATION
The closed station of Scarborough Londesborough Road (originally referred to as Washbrook Excursion Platform) that followed on after Scalby on the Scarborough and Whitby Railway, was situated on the line of the Y&NMR Scarborough to York line and was followed by the open station of Seamer on that line, where the bifurcation to the Y&NMR Yorkshire Wolds Coast line then took place, taking us on to the closed station of Cayton......but to continue......

Gristhorpe

Last edited: