• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

backontrack

Established Member
Guessing a bit here; but, Biddick Lane ?
I don't think that's correct, sadly.

In times like this, I like to use the search function by typing the name of an intermediate station (for example West Stanley) into the search; I can then find a post on this thread that contains that station, jump to it, and either work backwards or forwards to find out the correct stop.

backontrack

Established Member
Actually, it was my fault; there was a Washington avoiding curve, so my move was incorrect, sorry.

To continue:

Fatfield

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
INFORMATION

Two closed stations that both closed in 1893 were wrongly shown by the Wikipedia line template as being on this line section of the Leamside Line:-

Shincliffe Town.....Wrongly shown as being situated between Shincliffe and Sherburn Colliery

Sherburn House....Wrongly shown as being situated between Sherburn Colliery and Durham Belmont (1844-1857)

I have spoken to a senior editor of Wikipedia who said the template would be corrected within 48 hours at the latest.

Last edited:

Calthrop

Established Member
Chollerton (I imagine that's why they renamed the previous station, to Humshaugh -- getting rid of the confusion !)