• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
Livingston as such is a currently open station...did you mean to say Livingston (1st station...1849-1948)?

I -- and/or Mr. Dewick -- had it into head(s) that the currently-open station was Livingston North, and the not-open one, plain Livingston; so yes (presumably !), I meant the 1849 - 1948 one.

Calthrop

Established Member
Apologies....I completely forgot about the "North" suffix carried by the currently-open station.

No worries: I'm bad on this central belt of Scotland -- interesting though it is -- and pretty much "muddle along" in it.

On the line of the NBR Coatbridge Branch, we would have first met the closed station of Bargeddie, then Parkhead North, which now leads us on to the next line of this journey, the City of Glasgow Union Railway, where the first closed station we would meet is that of.....

Gallowgate

Main Street

Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
HOLD

when we left Cumberland Street on the City of Glasgow Union Railway, we then accessed the line of the Glasgow and Paisley Joint Railway.

Two questions:-

Is Shields a closed station on that line.....or did you mean Shields Road?

Have the postings been in the correct order?

Last edited:

Calthrop

Established Member
HOLD

when we left Cumberland Street on the City of Glasgow Union Railway, we then accessed the line of the Glasgow and Paisley Joint Railway.

Two questions:-

Is Shields a closed station on that line?

Have the postings been in the correct order?
Prior to that came Milliken Park (1st station) ...

I'd been going by what I got -- or thought I got -- from Wikipedia and its diagrammatic maps; which I seemed to read as sequence Cumberland Street -- Shields (indeed closed and on this route) -- Ibrox as per @Whistler40145; but Wiki is not infallible, and I, and my interpretations of Wiki, are for very sure, not that -- I was aware only of one, perceivedly still open, Milliken Park.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I'd been going by what I got -- or thought I got -- from Wikipedia and its diagrammatic maps; which I seemed to read as sequence Cumberland Street -- Shields (indeed closed and on this route)
I have just looked at the Wikipedia line template of the Glasgow and Paisley Joint Railway where the connection comes in from the City of Glasgow Union Railway and that closed station is Shields Road. I cannot see any mention of a Shields station there.

Is Shields a station we would likely see near the Paisley Canal Line?

Last edited:

Calthrop

Established Member
I have just looked at the Wikipedia line template of the Glasgow and Paisley Joint Railway where the connection comes in from the City of Glasgow Union Railway and that closed station is Shields Road. I cannot see any mention of a Shield station there.

Is Shields a station we would likely see near the Paisley Canal Line?

Oh, dear -- I'm confused now, re Shields, and Shields Road... back to the (metaphorical) books...