• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DerekC

Established Member
Notton and Royston

Noting that to get from Horbury Junction to Hare Park and Ossett would have needed two reversals, at Wakefield Kirkgate and Wakefield Westgate. I am rather glad about that because in checking whether there was a more direct connection, I found out about Smithson's Tramway dating from 1798, which crossed both routes on its way from Low Laithes Colliery to a wharf on the River Calder.

Last edited:

Calthrop

Established Member
Notton and Royston

Noting that to get from Horbury Junction to Hare Park and Ossett would have needed two reversals, at Wakefield Kirkgate and Wakefield Westgate. I am rather glad about that because in checking whether there was a more direct connection, I found out about Smithson's Tramway dating from 1798, which crossed both routes on its way from Low Laithes Colliery to a wharf on the River Calder.

Re the bolded (going to need session with cold towel wrapped around head, to cope with the rest -- erudition with which genuinely highly impressed !) -- not to be confused with Royston & Notton ...

Next, I hope, Staincross