• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Cleland (first station)

This first station lay not on the main line, as is the case with the currently open Cleland station, but on the line of the CR Cleland and Midcalder Line. (Have a look at the Wikipedia line template for that railway which shows its position)

Not often we have two consecutive closed station submissions made subject to query.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Perhaps you know of a direct route from Holytown (1st station) to Cleland (1st station) that I am unaware of, as after Holytown (1st station) my route carried on down the main line via:-
Motherwell............open station
Flemington...........closed station
Wishaw South.......closed station
Overtown..............closed station (closed in 1881)

Then we arrive at the closed station of Holytown (1st station)

Still, that is only my version.

DerekC

Established Member
Apologies, the problem was that nowhere could I find the location of Holytown (1st station) and I made the wrong assumption. Having got us into this mess, I had better try to find the way out... even more tentatively ...

Newhouse

DerekC

Established Member
Whifflet Upper

That's what comes of taking too long checking Rule 4 to see if this station is allowed. I remembered that Whifflet Low Level isn't, for reasons I have never quite understood.

Langloan