• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
OBSERVATION

When we left to Vale of Clwyd Railway to reverse onto the Chester and Holyhead Railway at the open station of Rhyl, after that reversal the first closed station that we would have met was Foryd (C&HR) which was renamed as Kinmel Bay East in 1938.

I am somewhat unsure if there was a chord from the Vale of Clwyd Railway in the opposite direction that would have obviated the need for a reversal of Rhyl in the direction that we are now taking.

Calthrop

Established Member
OBSERVATION

When we left to Vale of Clwyd Railway to reverse onto the Chester and Holyhead Railway at the open station of Rhyl, after that reversal the first closed station that we would have met was Foryd (C&HR) which was renamed as Kinmel Bay East in 1938.

Drat ! was "asleep at the switch" there.

I am somewhat unsure if there was a chord from the Vale of Clwyd Railway in the opposite direction that would have obviated the need for a reversal of Rhyl in the direction that we are now taking.

I can become a bore about Tony Dewick's atlas: but he tends rather prolifically to believe in, and show, chords which many sources don't -- he indicates no chord in this instance.

Mochdre & Pabo

Llandudno Junction (1st station)