• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
Pembrey Halt (slight apprehension that there might be something up the sleeve, which I haven't been envisaging here)

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
We next move to England for the next journey.....

This is number 1152 in the series so far.....

The journey starts at the closed station of Meldon
It follows the line of the Wansbeck Railway
It then follows the line of the Border Counties Railway
It then follows the line of the Newcastle and Carlisle Railway...via the North Wylam loop line
It then follows the line of the NER Durham Coast Line...via Gateshead East
It then follows the line of the Clarence Railway...via Redmarshall
It then follows the line of the Great North of England, Clarence and Hartlepool Junction Railway...via West Cornforth...note 1st and 2nd stations
The journey ends at the closed station of Wingate

The first closed station on this journey is Meldon

Last edited:

Calthrop

Established Member
The first closed station on this journey is Meldon

It keeps mildly surprising me how at the system's "peak", there were so many coincidental duplications in far-apart locations in Great Britain, of station names. I tend to encounter them -- often in the course of this Quiz -- then forget about them until the next time: as here -- this Meldon in Northumberland, as against the better-known spot of the same name, on Dartmoor on the LSWR system !

Next on the Wansbeck Railway: Angerton