• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closure of East Croydon bus station

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtum

On Moderation
All that has been done is resurfacing work, that needed doing, and a few cosmetic improvements, in fairness space is very limited so not much more could have been done, but how it's taken nearly six months and reportedly cost in excess of £5m I really don't know.

They could have easily added CIS to each bus stop, no idea why they didnt.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GodAtum

On Moderation
This is the feedback from TFL:

Thank you for your feedback form of 10 April about the redevelopment of East Croydon bus station. I appreciate you taking the time to write to us.

I’m sorry that you feel the design of bus station lacks some amenities that you may have envisaged and for any frustrations this may cause.

East Croydon Interchange renovations are part of wider scheme that will transform East Croydon and the wider Town Centre into a pleasant, walkable and cycle-able centre. Transport for London (TfL) have worked closely with the borough to refresh the environment at the Interchange as part of Croydon Council’s ongoing regeneration project.

The Interchange was closed on 31st October 2016 and re-opened on 7th April 2017. Minimising the closure period was important to TfL and London Borough of Croydon whilst maintaining all work was delivered to a high standard.

The layout has been kept the same with a focus on decluttering the waiting areas to provide better and safer access for customers. New improvements include bus shelters, paving, signage, planting, improved lighting and new public seating.

Internal waiting areas at a bus station can often be inefficient and feel unsafe. The open layout of the Interchange ensures efficient pedestrian movements between the different types of transport. Nine thousand customers a day use the Interchange so accessibility and safety is very important.

The signage and customer information includes timetables and Spider maps. Real Time information is available 24 hours a day via social media, TfL Bus Alerts and our website. There’s additional travel information at the Network Rail station.

I trust you’ll find the thought behind the design of East Croydon bus station of interest.

Thanks again for contacting us. If there’s anything eIse I can help you with, please respond to this email. Alternatively, you can call us on 0343 222 1234, we’ll be happy to help.

BingBong50

What a total waste of time and money this supposed redevelopment has been. They might as well have just resurfaced the roads which could probably have been done in a week at the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.