• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Club 55 at staffed stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilmc

Maybe this is obvious but can I buy a club 55 ticket at Stockport station for Newport (it's not an Arriva Wales station althoug it's on their route map)?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

neilmc

I thought that would be the case but the "helpline" staff at ATW didn't know.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I had no problems at all - I carried my passport (not because I was going via Newport but in case I was challenged about my age!).

Good news - I saved almost £50 on the standard off-peak Stockport-Bristol return.

Bad News - as I was travelling on business my employer pocketed the saving not me. Looked good on my expenses though.

Welshman

Established Member
The Marches line to Newport for connections on through the Severn Tunnel to Bristol is a nice run, and interestingly, used to be one of the main ways of getting from Manchester/Liverpool to the west country before the powers that were in the 1970s decided all through traffic should go through Birmingham.

Now that ATW's Club 55 promotion is available that way, it's even more attractive. The only downside is the connection on to Bristol is usually a crowded pacer!

Status
Not open for further replies.