• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Coast and Peaks Rover issuing code? (Plus others)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Hey

Does anyone know if I143 Freedom of Coast is the issuing code for the Coast and Peaks 4 in 8 rover?

It's the only one I could find that looked like it could be it.

Any Clues?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I don't know what I143 is.

The one you want is I113 CST PKS 4-8 RVR. Whether a guard is able to figure out what it means is anyone's guess.

Established Member
Yeh not sure what that is, just the closest I could find.

Thanks bb21

Think I'm going to use this opportunity to put all the codes into a spreadsheet, then I can send it to my phone as I don't have easy access to Avantix Traveller anymore on the main computer I use.

Another question is DAYROVER W YORKS K701, is that the Train version of the West Yorkshire Day rover?

Actually don't know why I'm asking, I can try it by enter a West Yorkshire station.

Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Another question is DAYROVER W YORKS K701, is that the Train version of the West Yorkshire Day rover?

West Yorkshire Day Rover I think that one is. (£7.10)

West Yorkshire Train Day Rover is I046 M TRAIN DAYROVER. (£6.20)

These two come up with prices in Avantix if the origin is set to somewhere like Leeds.

Established Member
ah M that's the letter I was missing.

Thanks again bb21.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Looking for a few more, the All Line Rover codes and the Bicester Village Day Ranger.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Looking for a few more, the All Line Rover codes ...

I662 FRM OF BRIT.14DY
I661 FRM OF BRIT 7DY

As to why there is a dot in the 14-day version I don't know.

... and the Bicester Village Day Ranger.

H921 BICESTER VILLAGE

Fares available from 1072 London Terminals.

Do beware though that not all codes work in the same way as CRS codes. Some products have to be issued from a separate menu on the TIS.

Edit: Sorry I meant "NLC codes for stations", not "CRS codes".

Last edited:

Established Member
Do you mean the Rover and Ranger Menu?
Can Codes be entered into that or do they have to search for the name when using that?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Do you mean the Rover and Ranger Menu?
Can Codes be entered into that or do they have to search for the name when using that?

I'm of the understanding that they search by name under the R&R menu, as shown to me by an EMT ticket office clerk. There are also Rover Codes however these days it is much quicker to search by the product name in most cases.

Someone working in a ticket office will know more than I do.

Established Member
So are there additional codes for the rover and ranger menu and I113 as an example wouldn't work in there?
Is that what you are saying bb21?

Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
So are there additional codes for the rover and ranger menu and I113 as an example wouldn't work in there?
Is that what you are saying bb21?

There are separate Rover codes for each product, as opposed to CRS codes.

Exactly how they are used on the TIS I am not sure.

Edit: Sorry I meant NLC codes, not CRS codes.

Last edited:

Established Member
What does CRS stand for?
That makes sense with what a ticket clerk was looking for on the laminated Rover card(s) they have at Macclesfield which came about from one of the staff at Stockport booking office producing it and then passing copies of it on after a conversation with a friend at Macclesfield who said they did not have such a resource for such eventualities where a passenger requested a rover and the clerk was unfamilar with how to issue it.

Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
What does CRS stand for?
That makes sense with what a ticket clerk was looking for on the card at Macclesfield which one of the staff at Stockport booking office produced and passed it on through a conversation with a friend at Macclesfield.

Sorry I've been confusing the two. I meant the NLC codes - the four-digit alphanumeric combinations.

CRS (Computer Reservation System) codes are the three-letter abbreviations for stations (and some virtual stations, etc).

NLC codes for stations can be entered into the TIS in an origin-destination format. NLC codes for some Rover products can also work in this way with the origin set to a station within the validity area. Some Rover products cannot be issued in this way I believe, and will have to be accessed from within the Rovers menu, where the Rover codes are used rather than NLC codes.

I am not 100% sure about this as my experience of TIS systems is limited.

Greeby

Can't speak for the other TIS, but on Tribute you get most of them from Products > Rover and Rangers. Where they have their own three digit codes, for example:

West Midlands Day Ranger - WM1
Heart of England 3 Days in 7 Rover - H37
East Midlands 3 Days in 7 Rover - E37

You can also get most one-day versions of PTE products from there. The only rover I've encountered so far that is not in the list and has to be done via Journey Input Screen is the Ffestiniog Round Robin. As with the various extensions on it mean there has to be a specific origin entered.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Thanks. That confirms what I thought.

Established Member
Right so that's how GM Rail Ranger gets its GM1 code through the Rovers and Rangers screen then.

Would quite like to find out all the Rover codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.