• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Colas Train Driver Salary and Perks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Regan

Now is this for freight driving our Jack of all trades driving colas at the moment has lost a lot of experienced drivers and operators from the yellow plant side and still are I know I was one of them I can't tell you what the terms for the freight are but I don't think they can touch Db,freightliner or gbrf.

Regan

As I have said in past posts I enjoyed my job at colas the t&c's were poor when I left I was on £46,500 volker rail are now advertising for driver operators and fitters £51,000 and £53,000 respectively can you see colas giving a pay rise of five to seven grand.

bionic

I know someone who worked for Colas. He said it was awful and he couldn't wait to leave. Ive heard Colas is pretty bad. You don't get your shifts or rest day pattern from one week to the next and the company don't recognise the union. That's what I've been told by a former employee of theirs anyway. He voted with his feet.

Regan

Problem they have at the moment is experienced people leaving they cannot compete with other rail companies t&c's so as bionic says there's better out there.

Stigy

Established Member
They advertised for trainee drivers several months ago... heard nothing since!
I applied at that time and heard nothing since. Doesn’t matter now anyway to me, but it’s worth noting that the only correspondence I had from Colas went to my junk email folder, so potentially easy to miss.

I do keep an eye on my junk email but haven't seen anything from them.

I got a confirmation email about my application but that was it - there's no way of tracking it

Stigy

Established Member
Just checked and mine was for the trainee driver position, and I applied at the beginning of January.
They’re all apprentice driver positions for Colas as far as I’m aware, which is what I think Teddy was referring to.

@Teddyward, was this email in relation to an application you submitted when they were advertising, or did you submit on the off chance?

They’re all apprentice driver positions for Colas as far as I’m aware, which is what I think Teddy was referring to.

@Teddyward, was this email in relation to an application you submitted when they were advertising, or did you submit on the off chance?

They originally advertised for apprentice train drivers and shortly after that they then advertised for trainee drivers (which is what my application email says). Now I can't remember if there were any differences in T&Cs but they were certainly advertised differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.