• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Colas - Trainee Freight Driver - Multiple Locations (02/03/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eebbs1912

They don't do the apprenticeship route. I started last month as a trainee freight driver.

Interesting, the adverts don't mention the 60 minute commute distance limitation like they usually do? Can I assume that still applies, or do you think they'll be more flexible in this case for whatever reason?
60 mins doesn't apply as your working freight and are homebased, not a depot. You could go anywhere in the region to swap drivers/start a journey then you travel home.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Firestarter

They don't do the apprenticeship route.

They did a few years ago.

Eebbs1912

Training is £23707 and jumps straight to £58350 when qualified. 36hr week.
We are due an annual pay increase in April though so should go to +£25000 and £+£61000

LeeMck9

Where are you based? And what’s furthest you can travel?
I’d also be interested to know this. In addition, where the advert says Newcastle / Carlisle does that mean working between the two or one or the other? There is some mention on previous threads about a company vehicle to use for commuting? What’s the score with that, especially if you live some distance from where you’re working and what happens on your first/last day before/after rest days? Sorry for all the Q’s, can’t see any answers to them elsewhere and the set up seems far different to TOC’s which is what I have mainly done my research on

Jonesy1991

Does anyone know how quick Colas are to get in touch normally after the advert closes? And do they phone (withheld number? ) or email?

Thanks chris

Diedinium

hopefully you hear something soon, I wasn’t expecting to hear anything so soon, so it was a nice surprise, it was a different assessment to others I have done
To be honest, I have no relevant experience to the railways (I'm a web developer lol) - so I won't be surprised if I don't hear anything.

What was the assessment that they gave like?

WBFC345

To be honest, I have no relevant experience to the railways (I'm a web developer lol) - so I won't be surprised if I don't hear anything.

What was the assessment that they gave like?
There was 9 mini behavioural/psychometric tests, it was more difficult than I thought it would be

NorthernTech

Some have been sent online tests to do and those passed those are awaiting interview I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.