• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Colchester Area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBusDriver

Hello all

Currently driving buses and want to take the next step in my career and get on the trains ;)

I live in the Colchester area, does anyone know what my best bets are for getting a trainee position?

I am unsure of my local depot's and who takes on trainees.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SPADTrap

Established Member
Hello all

Currently driving buses and want to take the next step in my career and get on the trains ;)

I live in the Colchester area, does anyone know what my best bets are for getting a trainee position?

I am unsure of my local depot's and who takes on trainees.

Thanks

Colchester depot driver?

lordbusiness

AGA have depots at Colchester, Clacton and Ipswich. All fairly close to Colchester. Also TFL rail have a depot at Gidea Park.

If you're interested in non driving roles, Colchester is a major station for AGA so Platform Staff jobs do come up. Also most of the planning/ rosters department is also based at colly.

Keep watching the AGA careers website.

Mind you, with the amount of Rail Replacement likely for the next couple of years it might be better to stay on the buses!

Colchester/Clacton depot driver is quite a regularly advertised role, however there's a lot of internal competition for those. As previously mentioned there are plenty of other roles locally, including conductor or platform staff.

Watch the recruitment site and wait!

TheBusDriver

Thanks chaps!

I have Abellio's career site book marked, along with First.

Would you mind sharing where you've seen vacancies in the clacton/colchester areas (links?)

I'm not in a position to take a pay cut at the moment (23k currently) so getting a customer service job or something along those lines has to be out of the question :(

Dave1987

On Moderation
Thanks chaps!

I have Abellio's career site book marked, along with First.

Would you mind sharing where you've seen vacancies in the clacton/colchester areas (links?)

I'm not in a position to take a pay cut at the moment (23k currently) so getting a customer service job or something along those lines has to be out of the question :(

What kind of job are you looking for? Are you wanting to go from bus driver to trainee train driver in the Colchester area? Once you have made a couple more posts I can PM you.

Last edited:

TheBusDriver

What kind of job are you looking for? Are you wanting to go from bus driver to trainee train driver in the Colchester area? Once you have made a couple more posts I can PM you.

Hi Dave

Really interested in driving - the job would suit me perfect.

Any information would be great!! :D

Haitch

Hi Dave1987 - hope this doesnt come across rude, but why the PM to TheBusDriver and not a public post? I am also very interested in the subject and would be intrigued on any info from other members.

Dave1987

On Moderation
Hi Dave1987 - hope this doesnt come across rude, but why the PM to TheBusDriver and not a public post? I am also very interested in the subject and would be intrigued on any info from other members.

Because you have to be careful what you say on a public forum. If you want some info you are perfect welcome to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.