• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Colchester to Walmer trip - ticket help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick W

Established Member
Hi,

I am trying to find the cheapest way of travelling from Colchester to Walmer (in Kent) for two people, one who has YP and one who is adult.

The outward journey would be as early as possible on the 19th July, and the return journey would be around 10am onwards on the 24th July.

At the moment they are struggling to get the cost under £40 per person and would like to know the cheapest method of travelling and which tickets to buy, however they or I are not familiar with the Southeastern network.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Colchester-London is £27 and London-Walmer is £29.60 so the combined fare of £46.00 isn't too bad, and for the railcard holder it's a third off.

The Ipswich-Cambridge via London trick isn't worthwhile.

I guess it's too late for AP?

The person without a railcard would save £14 if they bought a Network Railcard at an extra £24, this means the cost of the railcard is effectively only £10 but they will save money on future journeys.

Nick W

Established Member
Never mind, found out that it's possible to get AP from Ipswich - Walmer but not Colchester - Walmer (and other Kent destinations).

Status
Not open for further replies.