• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Coldest UK railway station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wilts Wanderer

Established Member
I guess Dent or Garsdale probably get a bit chilly when the wind is blowing along the dales.

Dr Hoo

Established Member
But even the most exposed station in the mountains has some nice sunny days (at UK altitudes anyway) whereas some semi-subterranean ones like Rotherhithe or Green Lane just seem perpetually, [Edit] gnawingly damp and miserable.

Last edited:

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Cardiff Central where most of the platforms are on the straight and open both ends enabling any cold wind to blow straight through

MrEd

Perth always strikes me as though it belongs in Narnia- it’s full of lots of draughty passages which act as wind tunnels.

ruaival

Bristol TM first class lounge ... at the other end of the temperature scale, had a coal fire and waist-coated steward as late as 2009 if I recall correctly.

Bradway

Altnabreac or Courour. Been at Altnabreac when it was -18C. Cross country skied from Thurso to get here and got the train hiome. Winter 1989 I think.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
There’s no such thing as a cold station, it’s just poor quality anoraks!

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
New Blackfriars , Ely and in the past Putney Bridge LT (when a terminator forced you at about 2230 to challenge the will to live - one learned to change at say Earl's Court - a mate said you could almost feel the ice building up on the clothes) ......

Howardh

Established Member
What annoys me the most is when you get on a train and it's cold, and still blasting the aircon at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.