• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Collecting internet tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good evening,

I may be going to Yorkshire for Easter, I live at Shepperton in SWTland, if I book online with East Midlands trains, who now seem to charge to post tickets out as do a few other toc so I see, can I select the ticket machine at Shepperton to issue my EMT tickets even though that machine is at a SWT station. ? I use that machine when booking SWT tickets and it's always been fine, but had a problem when booking on Southern's website and although I selected Shepperton to issue the ticket, there was a problem and I ended up having to go to London Victoria where the ticket office issued the tickets which was a real pain.

Many tks Steve.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bungle73

On Moderation
Why did you have to go to Victoria? When there was a problem collecting East Coast bought tickets at Sittingbourne, the ticket office there was able to print them for me.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
... but had a problem when booking on Southern's website and although I selected Shepperton to issue the ticket, there was a problem and I ended up having to go to London Victoria where the ticket office issued the tickets which was a real pain.

Many tks Steve.

Was that one of Southern's Daysave tickets by any chance? They are different in that you can only pick them up at Southern operated TVMs. Otherwise, any ordinary ticket can be picked up at any TOD-enabled station, even if it isn't the one you selected when ordering the tickets.

Bungle73

On Moderation
Was that one of Southern's Daysave tickets by any chance? They are different in that you can only pick them up at Southern operated TVMs. Otherwise, any ordinary ticket can be picked up at any TOD-enabled station, even if it isn't the one you selected when ordering the tickets.

But then it wouldn't have given him the option to pick them up at Shepperton, would it?

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Why did you have to go to Victoria? When there was a problem collecting East Coast bought tickets at Sittingbourne, the ticket office there was able to print them for me.

I Don't know for certain but as well as aking the ticket office staff at Shepperton, plus the ticket office staff and machines at bigger stations including Putney & Clapham Jct, Only Victoria could do it, however it was a special offer fare, the journey was only valid on Southern From Clapham jct to Milton Keynes on their slow reintroduced direct train. So perhaps that's why there was a problem.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
But then it wouldn't have given him the option to pick them up at Shepperton, would it?

See my above remark, it was a special fare, but as you say here the system should not have given me the option to select my home station of Shepperton. When I asked and tried at Clapham Jct where I was joining the Southern train and where at least 6 platforms I think are for Southern. They could not help, saying that all TVMs and staff etc were SWT, there were no Southern ticket people to ask. That seemed very strange to me.

The islander

If you buy you tickets using SWT telesales (02380 213600 or 0845 6000 650) you are not charged to post tickets out.

I have booked tickets on Southern's website and collected them at Ryde Esplanade a couple of months ago. So it could have been a one off.

The purpose of the TOD collection list is so you don't go to a station without the facility. You can collect at any station with TOD collection facility. If the machine does not work then the ticket office staff should assist. SWT ticket office clerks are allowed to print tickets out if there is a ticket machine problem.

Last edited:

island

Veteran Member
If you don't want to pay for your tickets being posted out, use Redspottedhanky or one of the (declining number of) other sites which will do it for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.