• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Collection from lost property using railcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

helana77

I left my bag on the train by mistake due to having to alight in a panic. My bag is now at Birmingham New Street, which is expensive for me to get to. Unfortunately my 16-25 railcard is in my purse which is in my bag at lost property.
Am I able to buy a 16-25 day return from Crewe to Birmingham New Street? I won’t have my railcard to show on the journey down but will have it for the journey back.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I left my bag on the train by mistake due to having to alight in a panic. My bag is now at Birmingham New Street, which is expensive for me to get to. Unfortunately my 16-25 railcard is in my purse which is in my bag at lost property.
Am I able to buy a 16-25 day return from Crewe to Birmingham New Street? I won’t have my railcard to show on the journey down but will have it for the journey back.
Not without special permission. It may be worth looking at 2 x Advance singles?

helana77

Unfortunately the single for the journey down is only £1 cheaper than a return without my railcard. I have emailed West Midlands trains to see if they will grant me permission :(

Veteran Member
Could this be dealt with similarly to the "forgotten railcard" arrangement - ie pay full fare and apply for a refund of the difference? Allowable once per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.