• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Collision Llanboidy Crossing 27/07/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
I am surprised no mention has been made on any Forum yet although the incident occurred at approx 1600. Following the collision in December last at Llanboidy Crossing near Whitland, a further one occurred today when a train struck a small lorry. I don.t know and "railway" details of the train as the info was obtained though the media apart from the fact it was a 175. 43 people were reported to have been on thetrain, 3 of them treated at site by paramedics. Passengers were taken to Carmarthen by bus and a bus service introduced between Carmarthen and Haverfordwest. I'm hoping there was not too much damage as the line has re-opened.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

anthony263

Established Member
I did mention it on the thread about 150280 coming back from NXEA

I do hope the damage to the class 175 is not as bad as that to 175002 and it is repaired andf put back into service ASAP

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Sorry. I did see your remark but as I hadn't heard anything about it at that time, could not quite fathom it out.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Reports at Swansea at 1700 said that the incoming train from milford Haven was delayed due to an obstruction on the line. No further information was forthcoming.

Unfortunately, it appeared that the guard for the 1705 Fishguard Harbour was on the delayed train, so my regular train home did not depart until 1733. This meant that the 1735 to Carmarthen (which I chose in order to have a chance of a seat!) did not leave until 1740, and was then further delayed while the HoW train from Shrewsbury cleared the single section between Llanelli and Cockett.

An interesting afternoon, especially after helping abemused group of American youths on their way to Fishguard, who seemed very suspicious of a Class 150 and were also wondering where their reserved seats were!

anthony263

Established Member
I know especially since we have 150217 out of action as well and the class 121 is down again (Maybe we should just order some parry people movers for the Cardiff bay branch)

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Media and Press reporting stated that there were 3 people injured. The police, however, say that nobody was injured.
Had a quick shot of the 175 on the TV News and damage does not look too bad, just a bit of heavy denting and buckled the bodywork low down as though it struck the vehicla a glancing blow

GB

Established Member
A couple of people with whiplash apparently. The lorry driver tried to claim the lights were not working....this was quickly disproved:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.