• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Collision near Ivybridge Devon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepy

Established Member
Heard engineering trains collided near Ivybridge with some form of derailment ! Not been able to get any further info. Hope everyone is ok.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GB

Established Member
Apparently it is the first time a class 70 has become derailed.

mralexn

Same, I start my Freedom Of South West on Monday and well living in Plymouth.. that would just mess up all of my plans ><

Still. Glad nobody has been hurt

ComUtoR

Established Member
Head on, side swipe, rear ended, ?

Last edited:

mralexn

Just got this..

70803 and two wagons: A Collison during shunting has been reported in the Ivybridge area due to shunter error involving Auto Ballasting Vehicles and a class 70 Loco resulting in the derailment of wagon consist and Locomotive Network Rail LAOM reported on site advisor suspension to GWRs 1C99/1A40 diagrams and cautionary suspension of services in early half of the week Commencing Monday 1st March 2016, further updates to follow.

Taunton

Established Member
derailment of wagon consist and Locomotive Network Rail LAOM reported on site advisor suspension to GWRs 1C99/1A40 diagrams and cautionary suspension of services in early half of the week Commencing Monday 1st March 2016, further updates to follow.
I can remember a derailment of a works train at Taunton, long ago, as it was laddering across the main lines at West Junction. It was all picked up and tracks fixed, which included some busted points, within a few hours.

If you say they were "simpler times", I can tell you the ganger in charge was not so simple that he wouldn't realise that Monday is February 29th this year, not 1st March. Can modern day rail management not even get THAT right?

GB

Established Member
Just got this..

70803 and two wagons: A Collison during shunting has been reported in the Ivybridge area due to shunter error involving Auto Ballasting Vehicles and a class 70 Loco resulting in the derailment of wagon consist and Locomotive Network Rail LAOM reported on site advisor suspension to GWRs 1C99/1A40 diagrams and cautionary suspension of services in early half of the week Commencing Monday 1st March 2016, further updates to follow.

Seems very odd for a shunter to be involved in any kind of train movement within a possession.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I can remember a derailment of a works train at Taunton, long ago, as it was laddering across the main lines at West Junction. It was all picked up and tracks fixed, which included some busted points, within a few hours.

If you say they were "simpler times", I can tell you the ganger in charge was not so simple that he wouldn't realise that Monday is February 29th this year, not 1st March. Can modern day rail management not even get THAT right?

Perhaps you should go an offer your wealth of expertise if you can do it better.:roll:

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Just got this..
...cautionary suspension of services in early half of the week Commencing Monday 1st March 2016, further updates to follow.

Has Network Rail* actually checked a calendar before issuing this?:roll:

*Or whichever company it was if it was not Network Rail...

Philip Phlopp

Established Member
Has Network Rail* actually checked a calendar before issuing this?:roll:

*Or whichever company it was if it was not Network Rail...

I'd guess they were a bit busy organising recovery, dealing with RAIB, worrying about service disruption and so on, to be bothering about pedantic **** that only irritates the anally retentive on railway forums.

Taunton

Established Member
I'd guess they were a bit busy organising recovery, dealing with RAIB, worrying about service disruption and so on, to be bothering about pedantic **** that only irritates the anally retentive on railway forums.
It's not being anally retentive to be able give the correct date for service resumption, it's plain professionalism.

Carntyne

From reading the message, it's an internal one and not for Customer Information. Must be a nightmare being perfect 24/7. As PP has said, it's worded like it's came from someone directly involved, who're probably a bit busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.