• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Colwyn Bay photting locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,

Anyone got any advice on good photting locations around the Colwyn Bay area of North Wales. I am aware of a few bridges over the line from passing them in the car whilst on a trip to Llandudno :razz:

I was going to go to Colwyn Bay n Saturday to phot 45112 from a bridge, just wondering if anyone had any decent location ideas?

Cheers,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ascot

Established Member
There is a nice chippy just outside the station along the front though if that's any use for food?

The Snap

Established Member
Right, decision made. I'm off to Abergele on Saturday to phot 45112. :)

Ta for your help,

Ascot

Established Member
WHere is this train going from anyway? Llandudno or Bangor cos there are plenty of better places. Whip out an OS map and have a look. PM for details and chippy spots.

The Snap

Established Member
Its York to Llandudno, Bangor and Holyhead. I'm not the biggest fan of Peaks myself, but seen as thought it's its last tour, I thought it would be nice to have a phot of it.

Julian, is there a duff running with it (on the tail I'd assume?)

Cheers,

Ascot

Established Member
OK i gather Llandudno Jct or is it reversing?

Anyway let's go along the list...

Prestatyn to Colwyn Bae, it's along the coast and caravans everywhere so your not far from a chippy.

Llandudno Junction, Maccy D's across the road

Llandudno, walk out keep goin straight take the 2nd turning left and you see a chippy cafe thingy by a bus stop and that. hard to get round the ballards without walkin up the road though

Bangor, Straight out the station and turn right, nice chippy

Rhosneigr, usually there is a bloke that owns a burger van on the station and he serves lovely burgers if he's open

Valley, Go out the station cross the road (from the direction to Holyhead) walk up and you see a chippy and sometimes in the car park another burger van is present.

Holyhead, DO NOT GO THE GLOBE! Go out the station via the main entrance (not the new bridge but the Stena Terminal) walk right up the hill across the road and on your left is a nice chippy on the London Road. But if you want a Mc **** then go out up the A55, cut across the pelican crossing and walk back. You pass it as you get into Holyhead on the train.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8154/maps2qr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.