• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Combined return and 'Travelcard' tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laketop

Hi all,

With purchasing return tickets, may they be Anytime, Off-peak or Super off-Peak to London, there is an option (least on Thetrainline) to get return with a travelcard combined.

I ask, as for my London day trip this coming Saturday, I have purchased a 'Super Off-Peak Day Travelcard' ticket, giving me my return from place of origin, with a travelcard. The difference between the two tickets was £4.95, which for unlimited travel versus the pay-as-you-go cap for Oyster and Contactless lists it as £12.80 - link to Caps and Travelcard prices

Pay as you go caps:
Daily Anytime £12.80
Daily Off-peak £12.80
Weekly (Mon to Sun, contactless only) £64.20

With the price, it also doesn't seem right that where I was told Oyster/Contactless was the optimal way to travel on the London Transport network cheaply, where if this Travelcard is unlimited, and for £4.95, surely that is a cheaper deal?

The problem I also face is that Thetrainline do not list the restrictions on this travelcard. The picture attached to this thread with the details, it states 'within relevant London Zones for 1 day' - but which zones are they?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

2Jwr9EE.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
Assuming your origin is outside London, then the travelcard is valid for unlimited travel in zones 1-6.

Clip

Established Member
With the price, it also doesn't seem right that where I was told Oyster/Contactless was the optimal way to travel on the London Transport network cheaply, where if this Travelcard is unlimited, and for £4.95, surely that is a cheaper deal?

Its only worthwhile if you are starting in London itself generally with the travelcard from outside the zones the ticket which includes zones 1-6 has generally always been better value

Status
Not open for further replies.