• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Comfy day out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascot

Established Member
My day in the Comfy polo.

We will start at Chester as the rest is non comfy.

Got on the train showed me papers n said i was allowed to sit on the drivers side. So sat in n was shown what all 3 dials do on the chair. Ended up horizontal fully leg room for about an hr until Manchester.

15 mins in the sidings while we changed ends and i sat in the crew seat until Oxford road and it was problably the most comfy crew seat ever.

At Warrington we saw a few photters and spotters as normal since a Steam Train was following us. Not realising but i had my picture taken through the window when i was half asleep and then when i stepped off to see how the doors work. So anyone who taken a 15 year old boy on an ATW 175 at Warrington Quay then please don't post it anywhere as i was still half asleep.

Left Llandudno and then someone jumped out to the breaks went on and it wern't all flowers. The "Extream Lazy mans" button was very interesting but we won't go into that for the job sake.

Finally back to Chester where i left the Polo, Spearmint for half an hr then went onto a 158 where it started to get dark. Took me 13 mins to get comfy and it was a mixture of the clip board lamp feet on the dash to the right a lil so i don't trip in the emergency brake and the heater on half and the window open a tad. For the rest of the 2 hrs it was a blend of lights on and off until it was perfect.

Oh thanks To the friendly staff for a great day if you do see this.

Anyone find a better seat than these then tell me.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Class 455, second man's side! One word for them - knackered - an the stiffness has gone. All you are left with is a nice, plump, cushiony surface :p

Jim

Established Member
I still remember at Crewe, the 170 cab seat for sale:lol:

personnaly i find the 2nd mans seat on 37411 most comfy:D when i got a ride on the west highland line a few years ago:D

Jordy

Established Member
I wouldnt really care if a 37 seat was made of stone ;)

Jordy
1000th Post!!!!! :D

jdjonnay

My gripper mate has tripped the emergency brake whilst dossing out on a unit... won't go into it though :lol:

Nicely done, sounds like you've got a cushdy little job geezer :D

Ascot

Established Member
My gripper mate has tripped the emergency brake whilst dossing out on a unit... won't go into it though

Yeah the emergency brake was very much in the way on the cabin side so you can't exactly put ya feet up as such. But on the drivers it's nicely tucked up in the dark. WOuldn't like to push it at 90mph though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.