• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Commercial Guard Assessment help please ? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pop79

Hi Guys I am invited to attend an assessment with South Western Railway in Southampton previously Known as South West Trains. I just need to know for the concentration test do they do SCAAT or Group Bourdon Test ?.And what is the Railway verbal communication test? Has anyone attended this assessment recently? Any help will be much appreciated, Thanks a lot.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PudseyBearHST

Hi Guys I am invited to attend an assessment with South Western Railway in Southampton previously Known as South West Trains. I just need to know for the concentration test do they do SCAAT or Group Bourdon Test ?.And what is the Railway verbal communication test? Has anyone attended this assessment recently? Any help will be much appreciated, Thanks a lot.

I believe SWR use the SCAAT. Good luck with the assessment.

Lasbrisas

i have done the assessment day and passed, I don't know what it's called but it's in the form of shapes and gets harder as you go along if that's the one you mean.

Bourlea

You should receive a pack of practice material along with your invite no fewer than 7 days before your assessment day, practice everything in the pack as the tests are almost the same format with the exception of the concentration test where the practice material is letters and the actual test is shapes!
Good luck

pompeyfan

Established Member
The verbal test is an audio message played to the group, you have to make notes on the message and pass on the key components of the message back to the test administrator. I believe it goes along the lines of ‘train 1 has come to a stop at puddle town station on platform 2, waffle waffle waffle, driver had placed track circuit clips on the track, assistance required’.

The concentration test is the letter/symbols test which gets progressively harder.

dth

Hey
I've just passed my assement day for the same role and I'm waiting for my interview now with the managers. Can anyone give me a heads up on the questions they ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.